The FOOTBALL Thread (2011-2012)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit of a shame really to have the Mancurians meeting this early

Didn't Sky used to put on FA cup games or was it just the semis and the final or something?

At first i was all like... hahahahahahahaahahaha!!! then i was all like, "well, there goes the last remaining slither of interest anyone might have about the SPL! but then i thought about it again and

More farce in the Chelsea game I see

Harry Redknapp revealed referee Martin Atkinson admitted he made a mistake in awarding Chelsea's second goal as they thrashed Tottenham 5-1 in the FA Cup semi-final - then insisted video technology must now be introduced.

Chelsea were leading 1-0 when Atkinson ruled that Juan Mata's 49th-minute shot had crossed the line despite furious Spurs protests insisting the ball had been blocked by Ledley King and Benoit Assou-Ekotto.

Yes. It's just frustratingly ridiculous the way they stubbornly don't introduce video. Makes no sense.

Thought we were going into extra time there, great time to bag the winner!

Funny how fans of other teams get all outraged about a player from another team diving and getting a penalty.

What they are really outraged about is that it was not their team that benefitted from it.

Well, no-one likes it but it's sometimes a bit two faced.

United scored 3 other goals and should have had another penalty that was not given.

It's not as if it was a 90th minute penalty in the 90th minute that changed the world forever.

I think they should introduce some kind of punishment after the fact but... they're not are they.

So it will just continue.

Unfortunately.

just watched that actually........can't believe that the ref actually thought it went over the line. Spurs capitulation was a bit of a shock, but some good goals from Chelsea there

Well, not quiet.

Bolton are the biggest threat as they have two games in hand to play so can effectively catch up.

Still we are in a much better position than we imagined two weeks ago!

:dance:

Sean Maloney seems to be in a fine vein of form for Wigan, thats good to see after all his injury problems the past few years......good to see him leave those dirty, glasgow tinks

I had a feeling that Bayern would beat Real.....of course Madrid got an away goal and next leg back in the Spain is a different kettle of fish. I actually fancy Munich as the competition Dark Horses....they may just sneak a win.