The FOOTBALL Thread (2011-2012)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit of a shame really to have the Mancurians meeting this early

Didn't Sky used to put on FA cup games or was it just the semis and the final or something?

At first i was all like... hahahahahahahaahahaha!!! then i was all like, "well, there goes the last remaining slither of interest anyone might have about the SPL! but then i thought about it again and

Couldn't quite believe it when I tuned in to the City game last night at 70 mins and Sunderland were winning 1-3!

And then City got two back.

Good comeback, but they still lost 2 points.

In United's control now.

That was almost a very very good result for United, but still a good one.

As you say, means that United are in total control now. They can even lose to City and still have control.

Still 7 (?) games left so I would imagine a few more upsets before the end. It's not over yet, as they say.

...and they are two goals down to Newcastle right now with 20 to go.

Must be good to hear for an Everton fan!

Yes exactly! It'll be very interesting to see what happens in the FA semi-finals. C'mon Toffees!

Another win, and I must say a hilarious one for us with Enrique ending up in goal and Carroll diving in front of an open goal. We didn't outplay them to the extent that Wigan did second half last week, but we still created the best chances and scored the two goals. I saw a stream of the SkySports coverage and from the commentary alone you'd have thought we'd robbed them blind.

Ironically Newcastle probably need Liverpool minus Reina to beat Everton in the FA Cup to seal a place in the Europa League. Sixth place alone doesn't get one any more.

Citeh's defence look like they're already on holiday, so I doubt they can turn the tide now. Second with the big points total they'll get in their first year in the CL is still an achievement, but it mightn't save Mancini.

I wouldn't underestimate United's ability to screw things up as well though MrWiggles.

Hopefully not, obviously.

Starting tonight, Blackburn always seem to be difficult for us and those lower teams are going to be raising their games. Or trying anyhow.