The FOOTBALL Thread (2011-2012)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit of a shame really to have the Mancurians meeting this early

Didn't Sky used to put on FA cup games or was it just the semis and the final or something?

At first i was all like... hahahahahahahaahahaha!!! then i was all like, "well, there goes the last remaining slither of interest anyone might have about the SPL! but then i thought about it again and

I really can't understand what is up with Everton's game. They beat City, Chelsea, Tottenham but can't win against Wigan, QPR, and Blackburn... way too inconsistent (but still unbeaten in 9 matches :confused: )!

Maybe its the ol' David Moyes 4-6-0 formation. Good teams play open football so its good to keep things tight to soak it up. With weaker teams though, you have to go and win the game.

The other recurring Everton problem is them taking till February to hit form.

Wonder if any truth in this:

VAN PERSIE AGREES CITY DEAL

There has been plenty of speculation regarding Man City's interest in Robin van Persie this week and The Sunday Times have stepped things up a gear by reporting that a deal has now been agreed.

The paper says Van Persie has accepted a staggering offer of £210,000 a week from City's gazillionaires, which will make him the club's highest player once Carlos Tevez is shipped out the door this summer.

The striker's current contract doesn't expire until the end of next season, so we hope City had permission to speak to the fella if an arrangement has been made. And even if a deal has been accepted, we expect there's a long way to go before convincing Arsenal to part with their star player.

Man teams really running away with it this year.

We are one game in hand but still lingering in 7th on 39 points and a full 28 points behind United.

That's just not acceptable.

United's next seven fixtures: Wolves (a), Fulham (h), Blackburn (a), QPR (h), Wigan (a), Villa (h), Everton (h).

City's next seven: Chelsea (h), Stoke (a), Sunderland (h), Arsenal (a), West Brom (h), Norwich (a), Wolves (a).

United can't expect any favours from the mighty Wigan, us chasing that coveted Champions League spot of course.

:grandpa:

Man U will have it sown up well before the Shitty clash.

Wolves (a) W, Fulham (h) W, Blackburn (a) W, QPR (h) W, Wigan (a) L, Villa (h) W, Everton (h) W.

There you go.

I would like that.

But I would guess there are more 'twists and turns' as well as balls 'fizzing round the box' etc etc before then.

Gerrard puts a hat-trick past Everton.

Dalglish must be the most relieved man in Britain. A loss and they'd have gone below Everton, both their local rivals and a club without one penny to rub together.

As for Newcastle, half our team is caught upfield in injury time while trying to see the game out. We gave it straight back to them from a throw in too :doh: :doh: :doh: