• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's absolutely disgusting and outrageous people using the intertubes for personal stuff at work. grandpa

Hold on a sec, boss is entering the room....

haha, I've had to hurridly switch over to a "work" page a few times as other teachers walk in......thankfully they are all in an all Teacher meeting, which does not of course include us pretend English teachers! lol

Originally Posted By: TheOrange
How much did you pay for that TB?

Good luck with it Mamabear certainly sounds like you are on for success there.

Do you really restrict what you eat too?

Ha ha! I wish those chips were my breakfast (actually no...no I dont...they really are an after noon food arent they?!

Yes I restrict what I eat. But I am not all that good at it.
My biggest downfalls (like most of us) is booze...or that afternoon tea time with the kids coming in from school - I tend to eat what they eat instead of walking away. rolleyes

I try to keep my intake at 1200 net calories a day - which is tiny...but I am not losing weight on that (well....I am but SO slowly that if I have one bad weekend the last 4 weeks is undone).
So I think I will have to go back on low carb for a while. I don't like being restrictive like that - I like the 'everything in moderation' message. But the reality is it does not work for me.

Tubby, we have a home gym in our bedroom - so there is no excuse not to be ripped - but I must admit I push harder at training with a PT yelling at me "Pain is Temporary - Failure lasts forever - DO NOT give up - 5, 4, 3, 2, 1"
lol
Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
I really have no idea how many calories I have a day. Do you keep strict count there Mamabear? Can't be much of a laugh...

I am using a website/app at the moment - it is called MyFitnessPal (.com if you want to find it). Type in what you ate and it spits out a list of options for you to chose from...pretty good estimate of calories. Was an eye opener - I discovered a few "healthy choices" that I made were HUGE in calories. Walnuts and Dates are two favorites that I can now only have if I burn a truckload of calories exercising.

The good thing is you can add in the exercise type and time and it will estimate the calorie burn and give you that back (hence the NET calories).

If I had a normal metabolism I wouldn't worry, but I don't, so whether its fun or not it has to happen - so I may as well make it fun.
Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Chicks should just realise that sexy sex at least once a day is the best exercise.

evilgrin

This should be in the TMI category, but what the hell...we are all friend here! lol
I am playing with a new HR monitor at the moment. It tracks heart rate, and estimates calorie burn (amongst other tricks). There has been some suggestion of giving it a run in the evening and seeing what the actual calorie burn is evilgrin
Originally Posted By: TheOrange
This last week been doing pretty good and feeling good with it. Getting into the stride now. Still not long distances but I can feel it getting slightly easier.
banner Go Orange!
How many times a week are you going?

I spat the dummy today.
Had a great work out at Cardio doing the low impact version (don't get me wrong - it still hurt) but without the heart rate going up there was no endorphin buzz.
I am a junky :(

So I went and bought a low end elliptical trainer.
Like this:
535778755262626c554f765f684d756a756c51-1
Will let you know if it is a reasonable substitute for a run!
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
should've bought roller blades and got out n about MB
I have skates (quad skates), and I fit my son's rollerblades - AND I have ice skates. But I can't get the level of cardio work out with any of those - too efficient!
Although - now you mention it - I might go for an ice skate this week - just got a hankering!!!

I took two 8 year old boys on a Hash run last night. (they took me would be more accurate). It was 8km. I'm gunna be sore today.

Do they do Hash in Japan? (not the sticky brown kind that you smoke.)

Originally Posted By: Mantas
I took two 8 year old boys on a Hash run last night. (they took me would be more accurate). It was 8km. I'm gunna be sore today.

Do they do Hash in Japan? (not the sticky brown kind that you smoke.)

When you said Hash run I immediately assumed you smoked a giant bowl of hash with two 8 year old boys and went running? wakaranai to each their own! bahaha
Originally Posted By: MitchPee

When you said Hash run I immediately assumed you smoked a giant bowl of hash with two 8 year old boys and went running? wakaranai to each their own! bahaha

lol I was waiting for that.
From what I can gather, it's a loosely organized, non competitive group of people with connections to either the defense forces, expat communities or both.
Runs usually consist of following a marked trail through the bush,scrub,forest, desert, whatever. Last night we were lost in the bush for a while, then 1/2 an hour later we were running through the concourse of a suburban shopping centre. All the while shouting at the top of your voice.
There's usually a lot of drinking and ceremonial rituals performed at the conclusion of the run.

All very silly really.
Originally Posted By: Mantas
Originally Posted By: MitchPee

lol I was waiting for that.
From what I can gather, it's a loosely organized, non competitive group of people with connections to either the defense forces, expat communities or both.
Runs usually consist of following a marked trail through the bush,scrub,forest, desert, whatever. Last night we were lost in the bush for a while, then 1/2 an hour later we were running through the concourse of a suburban shopping centre. All the while shouting at the top of your voice.
There's usually a lot of drinking and ceremonial rituals performed at the conclusion of the run.

All very silly really.

ahh!! Actually I have heard of that, a mate of mines does this near to Machida. He has some Yank military friends and they organise it. At the end of the run there's a BBQ and bevvy.......sounds like my kind of run actually!!