• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Great topic. Love running, but it does get boring... We are doing a 5 km mud run in two weeks which is exciting and feels like 15km once you finish.

A MUD run!!!

Only time I have run through mud - real mud - was in Singapore last December for a kids rugby tournament. In the morning the field was so green it was comical, and had beautiful soft grass. By the afternoon it was difficult to keep your sneakers on your feet and every step had to be taken carefully lest you slide. The majority of us left our shoes behind, it was just too hard to get them clean enough to pass through customs. I can not imagine a mud run being pleasant.

It is a great test of mental strength. What I enjoyed about it the most is the sense of achievement. Last years mud run was after 2 weeks of rain. We literally had to wad through a creek and some swamps. It was smelly, there were leeches but we made it and along the way met a lot of great people who were of different fitness levels. The best bit was the end, every one had a cold beer and was in the clean creek to wash off, great all round atmosphere.

• 4 weeks later...

after deciding to go snowboarding tomorrow I've been getting my stuff ready and I tried on my pants for the first time since september( when I found I'd put on a bit of weight over summer and that they were pretty tight). They fit better than before!! I just weighed myself and I've lost 7kg since the summer....woohoo!! That must be my daily bike commute paying off.......sweet!!

I know!! JUST in time for my Christmas box of goodies, which got delivered on Tuesday night!! started working my way through McCoy's crisps, Galaxy Chocolate and the best shortbread in the supermarket.....Deans!! mmmmmm.......I'll be uber Tubby in no time!! :lol: