Originally Posted By: TubbyBeaverinho
BTW Indo, do you do 1 Tabata set of each exercise before changing to the next exercise, or after 20 secs activity do you change to the next exercise....like a circuit station.......and complete the Tabata set that way?

Tubby, sometimes we do it like a circuit changing to a different exercise after each 20 sec interval, but the workout we did the other day we did the whole set of 1 exercise. Man, after the pushups anything is a chore!

Sometimes I prefer to do each set as 1 exercise as you get to have the 10 sec rest! (rather than get ready for the next exercise)
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turned from a jogging to a riding thread thumbsup

I much prefer riding, although haven't done near enough recently.

This evening was so cold waiting by the outside water polo pool for 3+ hours that every half hour or so I had to go for a short run to get my body temp back to reasonable. Still struggling with the shin splints, so that's about as good as it gets. lol

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Turned from a jogging to a riding thread thumbsup
I much prefer riding, although haven't done near enough recently.

This evening was so cold waiting by the outside water polo pool for 3+ hours that every half hour or so I had to go for a short run to get my body temp back to reasonable. Still struggling with the shin splints, so that's about as good as it gets. lol

MB how long have you had the shin splints? It's been a while right? I know anytime I had shin injuries from futbol the trainer would make me do a hot then ice bath continuously 2 minutes in each. Painful but it worked. Get those healed up so we can ride this winter!

Shins are NOT gonna stop me from sliding my friend! biggrin

On a plane for some Thredbo Springtime Slush tomorrow.

I have had them for MONTHS. Originally pretty bad stress fractures from running through the pain. I am slowly adding more and more running, but they act up pretty quick.

I ordered some shin skins from the US a few weeks ago (come on Mr Postman!) that should help. My ADD nature means I don't sit still long enough to ice up properly, and I need to do it immediately after each run session. So these skins have a double layer - you get the compression benefit during exercise, then afterward whack in the specially designed ice/gel sheets they come with. PERFECT! I can bring the ice with me to class, and when done shove in the ice (which is held firmly in the right spot) and then drive home. Problem Solved biggrin

On a plus note, I think I am way fitter and stronger - especially in my core - than I have ever been since taking up snowboarding. So this season is looking to be FUN!

Yes Tubby.

I have Orthotics, and also the most aggressive anti-pronation shoes on the market - a Brooks pair.

My last visit the Podiatrist had a little adjustment also.

There is a definite improvement, but lol it is clear why I have never been a runner lol

Meant to swim and ride, not to run.

But I just take that as a challenge wink

before I got them, I wasn7t able to play football....I'd start and about 5 mins in I'd have to stop as my shins were killing me....my mates just thought I was being a lazy bassa, none of them believed there was something wrong, even after getting the inserts!! lol

Originally Posted By: TubbyBeaverinho
before I got them, I wasn7t able to play football....I'd start and about 5 mins in I'd have to stop as my shins were killing me....my mates just thought I was being a lazy bassa, none of them believed there was something wrong, even after getting the inserts!! lol

That is why mine got so bad.
I went to the doctor (not my own as he was on holidays) and he said there is nothing physically wrong with me, just push through. So I did. And ended up having pain just taking a step (the stress fractures).
Physio and Podiatrist were on the ball - and totally ticked with the Doc who clearly is only interested in heart failure and cancer slap

IF I had caught it earlier then the fix would have been simpler, but I now have inherent weaknesses and things that did not cause inflammation 6 months ago, DO now. I'll get it sorted eventually.