• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Less about the cold and more about the wet, Orange.

Heavy rains in Perth fairly regularly - and it seems to coincide with every available time I have to ride my bike or do laundry! LOL

Murphy at his best!

It is not pleasant to ride in the rain, and I am not committed enough to do that.

I tweaked my neck last weekend, nothing major, just feels like I slept on it wrong - so I bailed on my 6am kickboxing this morning. The mega rain at the time may also have influenced my decision wink

Next week I am going to commit to a bumper week. We have lots of functions and wind ups and end of season things this week/weekend. But next week will be more settled. Commit Commit Commit!

Here you go folks this is what you need:

Couple put 70 years of wedded bliss down to... a weekly glass of CABBAGE WATER

Len, 93 and Irene Brown, 91 who met in their early teens have revealed cabbage water as the key ingredient in their 70 year marriage.

After decades of enjoying the beverage - made from water left from boiling the green vegetable - they will be celebrating their remarkable platinum wedding anniversary.

--

Batty!

Muika is your route up and down hills or is it generally a flat route? I often do a 20km ride but for me its all flat....my tubbiness could do with a few challenging hills to cycle up!

@Tokyo, keep it up...it does get easier. before I came out to Japan I used to jog a few nights a week (I managed to come here less tubby than I am now) and every time I went out I'd jog a little bit further. What I found myself doing when I first started was running at the pace I felt I used to be able to do as a kid/teenager and that didn't last!! biggrin I had to run slower at first so that I could finish the course.

Oops missed this sorry.

Generally flat or gentle ups and downs. Nothing difficult. I do have a few routes that offer a bit more of a challenge should I feel like it but I generally stick to the main ones and just try to keep going fast!

Got some new running shoes on Thursday, and already feeling a lot more capable of running without pain. I don't want to go too fast and stuff it up, but it is looking good!!

biggrin

I switched the Brooks Ariel - which were aggressive anti-pronation shoes

for

Brooks Glycerin 9 - which are flat base (but I use my orthotics to stop the roll inwards), and have a gel in the base that cushions incredibly well.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
....and have a gel in the base that cushions incredibly well.

Handy. If you get fed up of the running, you can use that same gel in your hair, thus saving costs.

thumbsup
  • 2 weeks later...