1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

I was amazed with the prices of drinks ($8.50 AUD for a vodka and coke) that I manage to have a hangover the next day and still went under my drinking budget of $50 for the night

I had a pretty quiet one myself. A few beers at home followed by a bottle of champagne... no hang over! The past few years I've thought that I wanted to spend the 1st day of the year as I'd like to spend every day. So instead of nursing a hangover I was out surfing this morning. COLD but fun small waves!

1/2 glass of wine to celebrate the coming New Year. Tucked into bed by 10pm. Woken at 12 with fireworks and huge explosion courtesy of the next door neighbours. Ran down to the paddocks in my pyjama's to check the horses (all okay just a little rattled).

Woke up this morning ready to go!! I love starting the new fresh and ready to go becuase by the end of January I am over it. lol lol

No hangover.

But I'm feeling pretty worn out with all this not working.

It's, er, worse than working.

Or something.

Just one more day and then back on Tuesday.

Is that when most Japanese are back at work too?

Originally Posted By: klingon
Hangovers suck and are easier to meet these days.
Damn.

Any good tips on not getting them. Other than the drinking more one.

For me, I take a pint of water to bed, with some alka selzer in there, and glug half of it before going to bed, and throughout the night, I usually wake up and drink some. For me, the most important thing is getting a decent nights kip. If I can do that, then no hangover.

From a medico mate - drink the same volume of water before bed, as the volume of alcohol imbibed the night before.

The idea is that hangover headaches are caused by dehydration of the brain cells. The water intake gives the alcohol something easy to get to to "dehydrate" rather than attacking the b rain cells.