I have to say I was taken way off guard on this storm. We arrived at the parking lot and it looked like a normal ski day...but the mountains aren't open yet! I heard rumors from my friend the previous day that a lot of snow had fallen and usually when it snows 8 inches in the city you can multiply that by 5 to get what's in the mountains. We headed up around 8:30 and ended up having one of the best days ever. Very deep powder, light snow, and sun at the end! Couldn't have asked for a better day and one of the most invigorating days I have had in a long time. Such positive energy.

Here comes the sunn dee dee dee dee doo

mitchpee_24.jpg

Almost at the bottom and the snow is still good!!!!

mitchpee_23.jpg

Getting ready for descent

mitchpee_22.jpg

A very satisfied group of guys with no women in site. From left to right: Big Mike, Me, Conor

mitchpee_21.jpg

Originally Posted By: Tex
SUHWEET! thumbsup You're gunna tear up Niseko Mitch, see you there smile

I see a GoPro any video?

Yup, gonna post it once I get it from my friend.

He's 2.04 M tall so it's hard for him to get face shots but I sure as hell did smile

we built a jump from a cat track and got some flips in, hope it came out well!
Originally Posted By: CptSlow
I agree, how does the photo get the mini look to it? Ive been seeing a bit of it around.

It's a setting that sort of blurs out the peripherals to give the center a more clear/zoomed in look. Basically an optical illusion within the picture.

Cptslow if you need any advice on UT just say so! If you overlap when I am still here before I get to Nihon you should let me know, I love showing people around here.

Google tilt shift for the photo effect. Blur and saturation.

But more than that, nice photos! That's loads of pow pow to be starting with! Go away nasty sun!

I see some folks have hiked Niseko already too.

the plan is a ton of pictures and a weekly edit of around 3-5 mins of the weeks shredding activities! Will gladly post my blog or wherever I feed it from on SJ. I'd love to share it with you guys. smile

It must be cheap to ski in the US now with the dollar so low. When you don't hike up, that is.

Has all the recession/subprime thing affected ski resorts much? Can you get deals at hotels etc.?

Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
It must be cheap to ski in the US now with the dollar so low. When you don't hike up, that is.

Has all the recession/subprime thing affected ski resorts much? Can you get deals at hotels etc.?

Not really. Utah is actually prospering quite well. One of if not the highest state growth. Not to mention the people are flooding in like crazy as it gets less mormon and more advocated towards skiing. In California definitely cheaper to ski, not in Utah or Colorado really though.

That was nice. My download stopped and paused the vid just as you were hitting the flat but it looked like you were actually bottoming out and were going to eat it... then you launched NICE!