• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some geeks writing this one off for it's lack of HDMI 2 and the newer wireless standard?   I have no idea the implications there, but thought I'd pass it on.

It was extremely funny, well done.

I think for now it will be the 55" Sony KDL-55W900A.

Looked like a beautiful picture.

Can get it for spot on 200K with 5 years insurance and delivery.

That is a fine TV.

Agree, with hardly any borders/frames (?) around the actual display now, a 55" only takes up as much space as a 42" did years back.

I think for now it will be the 55" Sony KDL-55W900A.

Looked like a beautiful picture.

Can get it for spot on 200K with 5 years insurance and delivery.

That is a fine TV.

Agree, with hardly any borders/frames (?) around the actual display now, a 55" only takes up as much space as a 42" did years back.

It doesn't look too big at all. As you say with there only 1cm or so around the edge of the screen, while the picture itself is of course large, the tv itself doesn't hulk out the room.

(Has this been covered before)... isn't there some stuff on BS that is 4K.

And World Cup next year 4k?

I think even some of Wimbledon was. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• 1 month later...

My friend has the Sony 4K tv. Was over there weekend to check it out. Very impressive, there might not be any 4K content really yet but the BluRay playback was pretty amazing looking. The 3D is passive as well and so good on the eyes.

Interesting story.

There was a sort of 'shadow' that he noticed on the screen, about 5cm by a 10cm. Only justvisible on bright screens when a fairly uniform picture. Of course once he found it, he noticed it more and more - even though it really was not major. I saw it myself.

Was wondering whether to call up support but it bothered him enough to end up doing so.

Support came. They admitted the 'clouding'/'shadow', but tried to palm it off as within the limits of what is acceptable.

He told them it was not acceptable, after all, this is a very expensive piece of equipment.

After pushing his point, Sony gave in and agreed to replace the display.

New one is better and he is happy with it.

It must be difficult for the companies because a 100% perfect LCD is impossible (?).

But it's annoying to be told that you have to put up with something, however small, on a pricey tv.

They rely quite a bit on people putting up with these little things.