Going to warm up tomorrow again then cool on Tuesday again.

Although it has cooled quite a lot the last couple of days it is surpising how many of the trees here are going brown, with leaves dropping! All the mountains around here are starting to show some autumn colours! Last year the leaves started changing colour around the end of August same as this year, but then last year was much cooler at this time. Last night was around 21oC last year at this time it was 12oC!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
As in ALREADY 23 degrees?????

(or maximum for today will be 23 degree's).

If it is the former - you have my sympathies - that's gonna be a hot one!

Last week, it was, on occasions, 30c in the morning.

I did spend 2 months in Gunma in July/Aug some years back. That was enough to cure me of any thoughts of ever living further south than where I do now! I know some people don't mind it, some even love it. I'm just not one of them...

Originally Posted By: Go Native
I did spend 2 months in Gunma in July/Aug some years back. That was enough to cure me of any thoughts of ever living further south than where I do now! I know some people don't mind it, some even love it. I'm just not one of them...

caves are nice n cool too.

the weird thing here is that in the morning the temp could already be about 30 degrees but it won't rise so much, maybe only a few degrees. Many a day I've been coming home on the train at around lunchtime and the temp is only reading 33 degrees

Originally Posted By: thursday
Originally Posted By: Go Native

caves are nice n cool too.

In the Aus outback there are some areas where people do live in underground houses. Makes sense in the blistering desert!

Pretty hot out where the Sis in Law used to live too... Wiluna

Actually ... pretty hot where she lives now ... Darwin. Hot and wet.

I remember feeling pretty ticked at having 4 or 5 days in a row over 40 until she said that the air conditioner had broken down and they were at their 3rd week over 40 and had 4 straight days over 45. Yeah...I'd be calling U-haul!

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
yeah that place where the Opals are mined....arsehole of nowhere and I think the Sydney to Perth uber train stops there for a bit

Coober Pedy. Damn cool in those houses. If you want an add on just drill another room...

Coober-Pedy-Home.jpg