• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
So this weeks meal is Meatballs in a tomato based sauce with 3 Veg, and Apple Rhubarb Crumble for dessert. The majority of diners will be our juniors (7-14yrs) and their families.

If you keep feeding 'em like that, they won't be 'juniors' for very long!

Thin or thick base? (I much prefer thin - less is more. Minimum pizza 'base' requirements for moi = anchovies, chilli, black olives, black pepper, and oregano. Pineapple?? Who puts fruit on a pizza??!!!)

Do you do creme brulee? If so, give me the address and I'll book a flight! yummy

Nah...sorry...never really had a crack at a proper creme brulee - but I order it when I am out! wink

lol Don't worry SZ, we are not feeding them big portions!

One of the problems of Rugby nights is that you rush out of the house at 4.30pm, and don't get in until 6.30 or 7pm - so if you didn't get time to stick the crockpot on in the morning (not so easy if you work that day!) it is quite tough to feed hungry cold kids in a hurry without resorting to drive thru takeaway. This provides families with a much healthier option.

slap

I meant individual families and their crockpots!

I have considered doing a slow cooked meal as one of the nights Rugby dinners, but I will either have to borrow a few crockpots or go buy some more (and then there is the drama of where to store them!). I think 3 crockpots would do if it was served with rice.

well... I did it.

Slightly overcatered but big success with the meals and dessert. Would have been heaps easier to order pizza - but it was worth the effort.

Also on the plus side - instead of ordering pizza tomorrow night after I get home from work, I can just reheat the leftovers! Oh wait...I am working tomorrow night too ... well the family can reheat their own dinner!

Originally Posted By: SubZero

Thin or thick base? (I much prefer thin - less is more. Minimum pizza 'base' requirements for moi = anchovies, chilli, black olives, black pepper, and oregano. Pineapple?? Who puts fruit on a pizza??!!!):

I used to be a thick base person, but now am a thin base. Simplistic is best - either some decent tomato sauce and cheese, or some ham and cheese.
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
day after pizza is quality!! yummy

always better to make too much than too little, MB, well done. clap

Too right!! left-overs always taste better than the first time through!

I'm having a "10.4" pizza this evening. Don't know if it is just a Niigata chain of shops but I love their pizza.

Will take a picture to post.