We headed to Tomamu on 29 December, a clear day in Hokkaido. It was a 50 seater coach for a 2.5 hour trip to the hinterland. The whole coach all to ourselves. Nice start.

This is what the trip was about. First snow for the kid.

thursday_91.JPG

The view from the hotel room. We were on the 32nd floor in the tower looking at the Galleria and the Romance slopes.

thursday_102.JPG

Ski in ski out

thursday_103.JPG

He had time to contemplate his line

thursday_104.JPG

But the next morning, decided to go biking instead. We forgot his international license though. So he gave me that look.

thursday_92.JPG

But anyway, he settled for this

thursday_93.JPG

good job he didn't like this

thursday_94.JPG

and more fun in the snow

thursday_95.JPG

untill it was time to warm up in this very warm pool.

thursday_96.JPG

It started to chuck down in the afternoon, and didn't stop for the rest of the time we were there.

thursday_97.JPG

so the ice village seemed to be the place to be

thursday_98.JPG

and inside the ice bar

thursday_100.JPG

and out looking at the nighta

thursday_105.JPG

and then making one's way home

thursday_101.JPG

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cute kid!

No-one on the bus, two big towers but hardly anyone in that massive pool, the ice bar place,.... Makes you wonder.

It all looks very nice though.

Thanks for sharing the photos Thursday.I looked into that resort early in 2009 is it the one you can catch a train from Sapporo air port to the resort.And do you think there is enough there to keep a family with teenagers busy for 7to 10days thanks Roscoe smile

The Galleria Suites in pic 2 were fully booked out. They have the Jacuzzi in the room looking onto the slopes. They cost about 6man per night when I asked and they said "sorry fully booked"

I was there over the new year. And there were lots of people in the hotels and restaurants. Only when you get to go doing the things you do at the resort do you wonder where the hell are the people.

Originally Posted By: roscoe
Thanks for sharing the photos Thursday.I looked into that resort early in 2009 is it the one you can catch a train from Sapporo air port to the resort.And do you think there is enough there to keep a family with teenagers busy for 7to 10days thanks Roscoe smile

Roscoe, teenagers? prob not. Unless you book some heli, cat, backcountry touring, snowmobile riding on consecutive days.

I wrote a review on the review pages.
  • SnowJapan Admin

Thanks for the photos thursday looks great.

The review will go up tomorrow morning - doing a bit of database work that prevents me clicking on the Up button.

friend

Originally Posted By: big-will
Yes great stuff thursday thumbsup

How does it compare to your beloved Niseko?

Big-Will, good question. Tomamu has everything but it is spreadout. Niseko doesn't have as much but it is very close together.

The snow is very similar, so too the travelling times. But for me, the effort swings it.

Nice report thursday and the kid is indeed very cute.

Mrs thursday looks like she is too. wink

Them there towers plonked at the base of the mountain is a curious site.