How many dead or stuck pixels on a screen is acceptable?

Awful feeling to boot up a new computer only to find imperfections on the display from the word go. I see different manufacturers have different policies.

I've been lucky but my friend just bought an expensive new Sony and the screen has 3 small dots always "on". Very small but annoying when you pay so much for a machine. Sony is stalling on doing anything about it and my friend is angry.

I had 1 fairly central on a new Dell I got a few years ago.

They weren't interested in doing anything about it at first but I was persistant. Ended up coming out and replacing the display for me. It as an expensive machine, I was not happy putting up with it as soon as I turned the thing on.

None on mine, actually it has a guarantee with it saying that it has been certified not to have any dead pixels on the screen! Mine is the aces lamborghini computer! Mind you the price I paid for it it certainly don't ought to have any, I too would be extremly angry if it did have even one!

aces lamborghini computer? whats that?

As for dead pixels. Extremely annoying.

I believe there is a difference between 'dead' and 'stuck' though - stuck ones have a chance of recovering.

It is annoying to hear manjufacturers saying that '1 to 6' dead pixels is 'considered normal'.

I wonder actually what the reality is and what % of screens have 1 or more right from the start.

Someone I know in these parts recently got a new very sleek and expensive laptop. When he turned it on there was 1 dead pixel on the screen. He called up suppoort snd they came and replaced the display same day. Even out here in inaka. Impressive supoport that.

To some extent, it depends where the dead'uns are. Centre of screen has a lower tolerance than right out at the edge. How many people would notice a dead (or bright) pixel in the top left corner of the screen? I'd suggest very few! However, everyone will yell and scream if they found a single bright spot right in the middle of their beautiful sunset photo they use as background.