• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
I was just thinking how excited I am about my up coming trip in February but my is still months away. For those of you going in December you must be reaching fever pitch by now!!! clap

I got a trip to Hamilton Island first - just over a week before I go soak up some sun, beach and relaxation smile
THEN the excitement for Japan will be in full swing wink
Originally Posted By: spook
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
whats the best resort, in your opinion, in Myoko? I have only been to Suginohara but absolutely loved the place, but would like to check out the others. Is Seki Onsen worth the visit? It always seems to have tons of snow

what's ikenotaira onsen in myoko like?

I enjoy ikenotaira. Its really great if youre either a beginner or internediate. For beginners theres this massive long straight slope. Its really wide and open and you can see literally from the top all the way down. I learned taking a beginner down suginohara that seeing the end goal is a fair confidence boost. Suginohara on the other hand just seemed never ending for him.

For intermeidiates its got everything you could want. The tree runs are really nice and easy, and the cat track comes up under the lifts making a really nice trail to play in further down the hill. So long as you dont get stuck on piste, its actually a lot of fun.

Also, it really seems to be trying to reinvent itself as the social hub of myoko. The park has probably the most night events in the area, and at the base of it all you have its little onsen/hostel bit/bowling alley/karaoke bit. If youre staying in myoko, then you probably want to stay there. I mean akakan has the prettiest cutest winter wonderland experience, but its pretty dead at night. Suginosawa (suginhoaras village) is lights out at 8pm. The only place that seemed semi interesting was that bit at the bottom of ikenotaira.

As for advanced. From personal experience i wouldnt know, but i cant imagine its that interesting. Probably fun to hit the park and enjoy the social scene, but other than that i dount theres very much else to do there.

I haven't applied for Mensa, but I already know my IQ is well within their genius range. (Was tested when I was younger). I always liked the quote "There's a fine line between genius and insanity"... Sometimes I'm a little bit of A, sometimes B.