Originally Posted By: RobBright
Told you TB - picked up a burton custom 163 for 5k yesterday - was interesting to explain to the wife how I went to meet friends and came back with a snowboard. :S

crap, I went a day too late because thats the size I was looking for but the bigger boards didn't tickle my fancy. Can't believe the bindings tho. I was helping a mate who was wanting to buy his 1st stuff and he asked about binding types, so I showed him some Burton Cartel's and explained strap in system and then I told him there was another step-in system most commonly made by Flow, he asked to see a pair so I had a wee search and picked up this pair and half way thru explaining to him I realised that they were in quality nick and only 4k so I decided to keep em!! Luckily he wasn't gonna buy bindings that day!! lol

Book Off does have a website but not for buying things, just nfo about where the nearest shop is IIRC. Its a 2nd hand shop, loads of stores all over Japan, they sell everything, not just snow gear
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They also pay for about 2 yen for something they will try and sell for 30000 yen! wink

If you're selling games/cds etc I recommend getting them on amazon or something over those dudes. Often wonder how they come up with a price so quickly.

Originally Posted By: spook
flights booked. accom sorted. bring it on!

Where and when spook?

Spent the weekend in Thredbo with a mate - and found out he and his new lady friend (who he met when he was out with us in Thredbo in July) are coming over - YAY! Gonna be a big party!
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Out last night and I was talking to some mates about snowboarding this winter.....I'm getting proper excited about it now!!! Roll on winter!!! smile

I totally know what you mean. I was at work (about 600m undergound) explaining to someone about snow shovelling and I started getting all excited. They must have thought I had lost it. What a subject to get excited about! lol
Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
Originally Posted By: spook
flights booked. accom sorted. bring it on!

you two hitting honshu like you asked, or hokkers?

gonna try honshu again. rolling the dice and heading to myoko.
might as well pump it up some more - this winter is gonna be a banger!

whats the best resort, in your opinion, in Myoko? I have only been to Suginohara but absolutely loved the place, but would like to check out the others. Is Seki Onsen worth the visit? It always seems to have tons of snow