Actress 'Noripee' - drug possession

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my mate got arrested over here for having a minute amount of residue on a pipe that he stupidly left in his bag, which he reported missing to the cops. When it was handed in, obviously the cops had a wee shufti inside, called him to say they found his bag then let the drug squad follow him home where they raided him as he walked in the door. He just disappeared for 3 months....no one knew where he went to, all these rumours were flying around and then 1 day he appeared in the pub again telling us the whole story. Didn't get done at all, just let out.

Absolutely ridiculous !

Drugs are a health issue Not a criminal issue.

It is also a fundamental religious right.

Making drugs "Illegal status" brings in criminals and promotes weapons trade.

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
my mate got arrested over here for having a minute amount of residue on a pipe that he stupidly left in his bag, which he reported missing to the cops. When it was handed in, obviously the cops had a wee shufti inside, called him to say they found his bag then let the drug squad follow him home where they raided him as he walked in the door. He just disappeared for 3 months....no one knew where he went to, all these rumours were flying around and then 1 day he appeared in the pub again telling us the whole story. Didn't get done at all, just let out.

think i know that guy wink
Originally Posted By: ShinyDiscoBall
To rearrange your quote Jynxx, "drugs are a health issue - absolutely ridiculous!"

Oh that will be the day when some Nazi state tells us what we can eat and drink.
Infringing on basic human rights and incriminating people
Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Absolutely ridiculous !
Drugs are a health issue Not a criminal issue.
It is also a fundamental religious right.

Making drugs "Illegal status" brings in criminals and promotes weapons trade.

you do know why they are illegal right?

Think about where 90% or so of the world's opium/heroin supply comes from? Even when it was legal in the opium days of old, who do you think got the money from the cultivation and selling. It certainly wasn't the "mom and pop" stores.
Originally Posted By: RobBright

Think about where 90% or so of the world's opium/heroin supply comes from? Even when it was legal in the opium days of old, who do you think got the money from the cultivation and selling?

Could it have been western merchant traders?

TBH I reckon Jynnx has a point. Prohibition hasn't stopped drug use, in fact since drugs such as cocaine and heroin have become illegal, their use has skyrocketed. I think the point that Jynxx is making is that if drugs were regulated and de-criminalised/legal then the profits and the collateral death and crime would be taken out of the equation as criminals would no longer run the business. The substances themselves could be made purer, resulting in fewer over-doses and the other various ailments that arise alongside heavy hard drug use. I'm not advocating that drugs should be free to market, I think one look at the tobacco industry can tell you the effects on the publics health that free-market drugs have (alcohol too). Its not like you'd be able to walk into a convini and ask for Calpis soda, onigiri and a gram of coke! But if it were to be regulated, with doctors being licenced to dispense to registered addicts then it may just have the positive impact on mainstream society's lives that many people dream about. Obviously its a very controversial topic but many more ex-Narc cops are coming out and calling for governments to at least talk about it as an option. Prohibition just doesn't work

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver

think i know that guy wink

probably...he has been around here for a while!! biggrin

As a non-drug taker I see the sense in decriminilizing illicit drugs.

It is the logistics after that that I am not sure about. Removing some of the power from big drug cartels would be great, and making it so that the feeble minded desperates in our community have no temptation to be a courier across international borders would also be a plus.

Things that shouldnt happen and do might decline... for example:

* a batch batch of drugs killing kids experimenting - with some level of regulation they could perhaps pay that bit more for something that is known to be safe, and is not cut with ratsack.

* by decriminilizing you would avoid needless deaths like the young lass here in Perth who panicked in the entry queue to The Big Day Out this year and dropped both her E tabs at the same time so that she didnt get busted when the sniffer dogs started roaming the crowd.

As for Noripee...if she chose to drink herself into a stupor each night would anyone be outraged? If she was puffing away on cigarettes 24/7 would her contracts be terminated? Both drugs, just not against the law. Leave the girl alone, if she wants to rot her body, even just for a little while I dont see why she shouldnt have the right to do so.

like I said tho, I'm not suggesting that you could simply pop into a chemist and buy 3 packs of E for the price of 2 (now that would be a special offer!!). The logistics would be sticky but lets face it, outright banning hasn't stopped people taking them and teh facts are that most people who try drugs don't go on to become big time junkies, usually its experimentation thru late teens and 20's and then stop when they basically grow up. I know thats what it was for me and my friends.