• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
you dont work hard at all razz

haha not today I didn't!! BUT I did have to plan today's lessons at home last night which I didn't like as I was teaching flat out the day before.

You know it's funny but it seems every time I take say 3 weeks off I have what seems like wakaranai 4 weeks work to catch up on when I get back, even allowing that I have partners & staff.

How does that happen? wakaranai

thats right thats right, you think you should be able to prepare all lessons during the actual school day lol stir

was that your first time to create lessons at home? wink razz

yeah, the thing is though, that ALT's aren't MEANT to prepare the lesson, its meant to be the Home Room Teacher! But I do it, which is fine by me as I'm leading the class (again technically not meant to) but no way should I do it at home!! I know that REAL teachers do, yourself included, but thats why you get the big bucks and us ALT suckers don't! biggrin

>yeah, the thing is though, that ALT's aren't MEANT to prepare the lesson

really? I never wanted the J-teacher to make the lessons (personally cuz I thought I could do a better job), and I wanted the kids to learn what I thought they should learn based on whatever grammar point/convo point/phonics/whatever they "should" be taught by the J-teacher.

No worries, just curious is all. Back to teachers meeting shifty

>yeah, the thing is though, that ALT's aren't MEANT to prepare the lesson

really? I never wanted the J-teacher to make the lessons (personally cuz I thought I could do a better job), and I wanted the kids to learn what I thought they should learn based on whatever grammar point/convo point/phonics/whatever they "should" be taught by the J-teacher.

No worries, just curious is all. Back to teachers meeting shifty

I agree totally, thats why I do everything from designing and planning to delivering the class, the thing is now my schedule is so busy with classes that there is very little prep time built in and I feel that some of my classes are suffering as a result.

I'm in Elementary School

TB, sorry, you are in elementary school all the time or just visiting them? I didn't know there were resident AETs in elem schools now. Shows how out of touch I probably am.

I like MY fridge - big commercial sucker with two massive stainless steel doors and a 3rd section with top half a glass door drinks fridge (saves opening and shutting just to see what is in it), and 3 stainless steel fronted drawers with double fruit and veg bins. Seriously AWESOME!

I am busy this weekend too (and still tired from my girls getaway) - out for dinner tonight with some friends from Sydney, and then a dinner party tomorrow night.

Originally Posted By: rach
TB, sorry, you are in elementary school all the time or just visiting them? I didn't know there were resident AETs in elem schools now. Shows how out of touch I probably am.

always in Elementary schools, have been since I started in 2007. ALT's are now a mainstay in Yokohama schools and certainly common visitors to surrounding Kanagawa BOE schools