The FOOTBALL Thread (2009-2010)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, funny. Here's some more funnies.... after the massive success of Michael Owen's brochure, other footie folk make them too:

hargreaves.jpg

Saha.jpg

Tevez-1.jpg

12_2.jpg

fwankk.png

Bramble.jpg

berbatov2.jpg

gerrardbrochure.jpg

djembatwins.jpg

I've heard comments like "final nail in the coffin" and, well, some more colourful language. He's not too popular. The Mancs are having fun ribbing scousers over it too.

Who will be laughing in the end?

I'm rather more concerned about our own team right now.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Will this guy ever shut his big spouting gob?
What on earth can he gain from this?

Quote:
Carlos Tevez has branded Sir Alex Ferguson a "liar" - and vowed Premier League revenge on the Manchester United manager.

Tevez is set to be unveiled at Manchester City after turning down the chance to stay at Old Trafford.

And the Argentine hit-man blamed Fergie's "lies" over his status in the champions' squad after last year's £30million signing of Dimitar Berbatov for driving him out of United.

Now Tevez, a huge favourite with the United fans, has promised to make Ferguson pay for the insult.

Tevez, who rejected the chance to stay at United even though the club met his £25.5m asking price, said: "Ferguson still believes I will be at United next season. He thinks I will return.

"But I know what I want and I know that Ferguson did not respect me as a player. Before Berbatov arrived in Manchester, Ferguson told me, 'You will still be the starting striker, so be cool'. But he lied to me! That is why I know I will not return to United.

"What I want to do next season is score against United. I promise I will not celebrate in front of the United fans but I will shout in Ferguson's face.

"You can be sure of that - and it will be one of the most beautiful things I have done in football."

can't wait till he does that!! Would be funny to see fergie lamp him!! lol

Fergie was looking well red-faced at the tennis, as crimson as his tie.

Tevez is a Citeh legend in the making here. Go for it son! There's more to football than ManYoo. Barcelona showed that, as did Liverpool in the two games in the league. The second one could have been six or seven.

300,000 a week for Terry though. That's 15 million a year!

I cant see Terry going there, it would be illogical. He is surely already on X billion a year, why bother going for Y billion? Unless there is soemthign at chelsea he is annoyed at.

Can't see that happening either.

Rumour has it his wages offered at 200,000K - he's currently on 135,000, so it's a fair chunk more.

Quote:
FLASH BASTARD Chris Eagles stuns team-mates at Premier League new boys Burnley - by turning up for training in a ï½£150,000 Lamborghini.

The 192mph supercar might be at home at nearby giants Manchester United, but it stood out a mile at the Clarets' humble car park.

He pulled up next to a battered Vauxhall Astra van and then saw defender Michael Duff arrive in his wife's ï½£12,000 Ford Focus.

Burnley is the smallest town ever represented in the Premier League and will have the lowest wage bill.

The rest of the team already hate his guts.
Quote:
New Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has demanded that Stamford Bridge owner Roman Abramovich matches Manchester City's huge wage offer to Carlos Tevez as the Italian boss goes all out to sign the £25.5m-priced Argentina striker.

For crying out loud, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
WTF is wrong with these people??

In other news, Ronaldo shows a bit of class surprisingly

Quote:
"I have to say thank you to all the supporters, to the boss, my friends and team-mates,†said Ronaldo. “I was six years at the club and, of course, I have friends there. I have great relationships with all the people there. But the people understand my decision and respect that. They knew it was my dream to play in Madrid and of course it’s a great challenge now. I am going to miss many things about Manchester. But this is life, this is my new home and my new club and I will give 100% here. My relationship with Alex Ferguson was always good and it will stay that way forever. It would be fantastic to play against United. Sir Alex joked with me about that, he told me he wanted to play against me in the final in Madrid. I’ll put Evra against you, to kick you. I hope so. This is now my club, but I have a good relationship with Manchester and I wish all the best for the team and for Alex Ferguson."

Who'd have thought.

They know we are mugs when it comes to money, they already took Owen and McManaman for peanuts and saw what happened with Keane.

I remember that one. Funny.

I see united have "swooped" for, some French guy for 3 mill.

Never heard of him, but if he pushes out Nani then it sounds promising!

Hmmm.

Quote:
Steven Gerrard gave Liverpool's pre-season plans a boost last night by signing a new £25million four-year contract.
The Anfield skipper agreed improved terms of around £125,000 a week in April and finally put his name to the deal after returning from holiday and joining his team-mates at Liverpool's Melwood training ground.

Always wonder about stories like this.
If he agreed in April, why is he just signing it now?