The FOOTBALL Thread (2009-2010)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at Vissel Kobe shirts the other day (I like the design, and they have RAKUTEN on it which I think is cool being a net business), and I was stunned to see they cost about 25000yen!!! Thats about 150 GBP!!! In the UK Im sure a new shirt costs only 40 GBP or so, and thats for a decent team!

they probably cost more as there is little demand for them, hence prodcution runs are small. And those mug enough to want one will shell out.

Back in 95, I got a ManU one straight from the Theatre of Dreams from a friend who hand delivered it to HK. It only cost 40 squids

Originally Posted By: thursday
they probably cost more as there is little demand for them, hence prodcution runs are small. And those mug enough to want one will shell out.

Back in 95, I got a ManU one straight from the Theatre of Dreams from a friend who hand delivered it to HK. It only cost 40 squids

that was a cheap flight!

As if they haven't screwed over Newcastle enough..

Quote:
Newcastle face a £750,000 wage bill for strikers Michael Owen and Mark Viduka, even though the pair may not play for the club again.

Both players' deals expire on Tuesday, but they have a clause in their contracts that means they will be paid for another month if they do not sign for clubs in July.

I think 2pints wasn't actually blaming them as such for that, just the general picture. It's hard to say that Owen in fact not screwed Newcastle in more ways than one.

Hey another fun hypetastic word enters the footie transfer drama:

Quote:
Manchester City make 'stratospheric' offer to Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o

Look how Citehs stikeforces is shaping up though....

I hope they don't get Eto'o, but if the numbers are true that is one big big offer for him personally.

Tevez will be gutted, wonder if he'll end up on the bench at Citeh. Now that would be funny.

Craig Bellamy won't be a happy camper on the bench....

The fourth place in the CL was there for the taking last year but Villa stopped playing with three months to go. Its looking more like Top 3 than Top 4 at the moment. The chance is there for Citeh.

All footballers are mercenaries, but we signed some grade A ones at Newcastle. All Owen wanted at Newcastle was lots of money and a starting place at the 2006 World Cup. He's done nothing for the club itself. If he's getting paid for July, its nailed on that he won't sign for anywhere either.

We just need to hope and pray that Citeh do not climb the tree like that. It just wouldn't be right.

Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
All footballers are mercenaries

But, Mr Wiggles..... what about all that emotional kissing of the badge we see. You cynic, you. wink

Quote:
Olympiakos have launched an audacious attempt to sign Michael Owen.

The Greek club are offering Owen Champions League football and a bumper wage packet to quit the Premier League and resurrect his career in Athens ahead of next year's World Cup.

WHY??!
They had to go and stop the "lets all laugh at Mickey" fun didn't they.

grandpa
Quote:
Samuel Eto'o has chosen not to accept Manchester City's offer to become the Premier League's best-paid player

I hope this right. It would be so funny. Perhaps I would even use one of these > lol
Quote:
Carlos Tevez has said that Sir Alex Ferguson "made a mistake" by not starting him in Manchester United's Champions League final defeat by Barcelona. The forward has also spoken of his pain at regularly being among the substitutes last season as he prepares to end his stint at Old Trafford.

Tevez's contract expires today and he is expected to move to Manchester City after turning down the offer of a fresh deal. He believes his last game for United, against Barcelona in Rome, would have ended differently had he been selected from the beginning rather than thrown on for the second half with the team 1–0 down.

"You cannot argue with Alex Ferguson," he said. "He is like the president of England. It is impossible. You always lose. But he made a mistake to leave me on the bench. That was the only final the team had lost since I had been at Manchester United."

Someone needs to tell Tevez to shut up. Love the quote in bold lol