The FOOTBALL Thread (2009-2010)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shock something in the mirror actually worth copying, er, quoting

Quote:
Which brings me to Chelsea fans, who are currently panicking over John Terry.

Will he go to Manchester City if the club don't show enough "loyalty" by giving him a new contract worth £155,000 a week?

And if City come back in with a £35million offer, and they take it, what will outsiders think when Chelsea are unable to hold on to their backbone and talisman?

Well, taking a wild stab, I guess they'll think "Good on you." Terry is reportedly miffed that Roman Abramovich wasn't there in person to give him a rubdown with his cheque book when he turned up for training on Thursday.

With a bit of luck, the Russian was at home dictating the following letter to his "confused" captain: "Your Opta stats for the past three seasons say we've won 64 per cent of our games with you, but 68 per cent without you, and taken more points per game (2.32 compared to 2.16) when you weren't on the pitch.

Plus we've only lost one of the 28 games you've missed.

"Over that same period you've averaged 28 Premier League games and one Premier League goal per season. You're getting booked more and starting to look like an oil tanker doing a threepoint turn in Vladivostok harbour when you're up against pace.

"I'm wondering how much of our excellent defensive record is down to Petr Cech behind you, Michael Essien in front of you and the other three defenders alongside you?

"You're 29 this year. Your back's gone. You cost £6.5m in wages. And you're a centrehalf. I'll tell you what. I'll make Frankie captain, let Alex take your place, tell Carvalho he's staying, push Mancienne through the ranks and bite City's hands off for £35m. Go and live your dream with the Eastlands Arabs, my son."

Which would be one small step for Man City, but one giant leap for mankind.

Quote:
Rafael Benitez is still battling to keep Javier Mascherano at Liverpool in the wake of Xabi Alonso making his position with the club virtually untenable.

Alonso is believed to have contacted the Liverpool manager and told him he wants to leave the club and join Real Madrid, but stopped short of asking for a transfer.

The Spain midfielder remarkably made the call less than 24 hours before he married his long-term girlfriend Nagore Aramburu in his home city of San Sebastian on Saturday, where the guests included former Liverpool team-mate Luis Garcia and Everton midfielder Mikel Arteta.

That plea to Benitez came as the Bernabeu giants stepped up their relentless pursuit of the 27-year-old, and although Benitez still does not want to sell, there seems little chance now that Alonso can remain a Liverpool player.

Looks like Alonso will be gone.
I sure hope Benetiz has some cunning plans lined up.
shifty

As for United, I must say I am happy they are not spending more.
Owen, number 7?!
Quote:
Carlos Tevez, who insists he can lead Manchester City to the Barclays Premier League title, will again pull on the No 32 shirt he wore at arch rivals United.

The man is totally disillusioned.

Manchester derby will be interesting next season. Owen vs Tevez. Fergie gets the hairdryer if Tevez scores (will he sit on the bench or in the stands?)

Originally Posted By: rach
Quote:
Carlos Tevez, who insists he can lead Manchester City to the Barclays Premier League title, will again pull on the No 32 shirt he wore at arch rivals United.

The man is totally disillusioned.

do you mean delusional? doh