We're back! Sorry for the time offline

• SnowJapan Admin

At last, we are back and up and running on our new server. Did you miss us? Miss us or not, we've been full on with this move for more than 48 hours now - major server moving is no fun.

Anyway, the nightmare is now over and we can look forward to time spent in more luxurious surroundings.

We are sorry for the almost two days that the Forums were closed but some quality foundations have now been laid for the future. friend

More info on the move here, if you're interested:

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/315641/Welcome_to_our_new_home.html#Post315641

Bit more than just "unplug, pick up the boxes and plug them in again somewhere else", I take it!

• SnowJapan Admin

There's also a lot of testing involved.

And switching of IPs and settings and lots of other technical stuff that I totally don't understnad.

well I dunno anything of the technical stuff involved, but I have moved the actual cases that mainframes go into....man they are heavy and very difficult to move around......so well done!! thumbsup

• SnowJapan Admin

lol

None of us have ever actually seen our server. It's in some secret mega-security bunker that needs finger print and retina scans like the ones you see on the Outer Limits*.

I bet there'll be some scary security people and possibly some cool robots too. wink

(* Hopefully without the aliens)

Originally Posted By: SJForums
lol
None of us have ever actually seen our server. It's in some secret mega-security bunker that needs finger print and retina scans like the ones you see on the Outer Limits*.
I bet there'll be some scary security people and possibly some cool robots too. wink
(* Hopefully without the aliens)

lol
Great job guys!

I missed YOU!
  • SnowJapan Moderator

Thank you.

I don't know if this is a breach of security, but SJ#1 sent me a photo of the new server, also showing the newly recruited SJ#6 doing some last minute checking. Don't show anyone else.....

Click to reveal..
ILLIAC2.jpg

Come a long long way since the first one back in 1999:

Click to reveal..
014_Sinclair_ZX80.sized.jpg

Originally Posted By: SJ#4
Thank you.

I don't know if this is a breech of security, but SJ#1 sent me a photo of the new server, also showing the newly recruited SJ#6 doing some last minute checking. Don't show anyone else.....

Click to reveal..
ILLIAC2.jpg

I hate to say this, but the newly recruited SJ#6 bears a striking resemblance to Bob Putin, bastard half brother of Russian former KGB officer and president, Vladimir Putin. Could be just a coincidence but...