- cut glass wine glass with my name engraved on it

- some red rice (!)

- bottle of sake

- some ham

- sweets

- 2 cakes

by the sounds of it!

Originally Posted By: thursday
don't even start to think that YOU will be planning YOUR wedding.

It's in the female genes, you won't get a say in ANYTHING.

shut up, pay, turn up or you die

Well, I didn't have one of those chicks that had the little princess wedding day dream.
I did all the prep for ours!
Bali , reception in a mates rest on the beach and a sunset worth a million dollars! Total cost for 35 people was peanuts, Memories, priceless!
Stuff blowing wads of cash on 1 day where odds are stacked against ya.
Quote:
Total cost for 35 people was peanuts, Memories, priceless!

Thats what its about Memories priceless..............just wished it was peanuts as well in my case........one day and one wedding dress for mrs stemik....just one day....how much.....not even one day....just a few hours....not like shes going to wear it again......(unless she reads this post shifty)

The wedding dress I can almost understand.

Don't want to hire a dress that someone else had squeezed into. Want something new and unique.

Wear it for a few hours and then store it away for ever, unless you have a daughter to pass it onto, who would rather have her own made up.

my wedding was waaay back in 1984 and pleased to say its still going strong - we think we'll give it another 20 or 30 years and then have another think about it

we got the towels, glasses etc etc, and still have some of the glasses now

We were very fortunate that we both only had immediate family in the country, so total relatives at the wedding was 8, so no cousins we didnt even know existed, and the rest were all people we actually wanted to invite

Our wedding in 1993 was fun and pretty low key compared to some of the weddings these days. Some people even came from the UK and Canada for it.

I went to one in the UK recently, they had a huge marque, a six piece band, five course meal ect. I'll bet they could have put a nice deposit on a house for what it cost.

• 3 months later...