any time is a good time to let the mind roam...

i would like to ride many a fresh line dominated by bottomless turns and face shots

go bigger and start spinning

get the rails nailed frontside and backside

depart the pipe with feeling and vigour

become so smooth with the gound tricks that i can lift my goggles and wink at the pretty girls, mid manoeuvre, as i pass.

stay injury free

hook up with the crew

There is so much to do this season, the mind boggles!!! clap.gif

Lots and lots of powder... lots and lots of face shots... Hakkoda, Hokkaido, and little old Getou... maybe a 360, a tail grab or if I work really hard, 180 (difficult on skis, you know!!!)

Ahhh, the thought of winter leaves me with the warm fuzzies \:D

Face shots are a damn nuisance. It's better when the snow is still light and creamy but just heavy enough not to fly up into your face, obscure your view of the upcoming trees and freeze your chin off. It's my aim to ride exclusively in the latter kind of snow.

I have 1 goal firmly fixed in my head but I dont want to jinx it by writing it down. Hopefully youll see the movie online sometime and hopefully its not on the faces of death series.

Also the usual assortment of getting lots of pow, filming some of it, lots of days up the hill followed by onsen followed by big sukiyaki beers and ski movies at my house with buddies.

P.S when do the water jumps close for the season?

A year or so ago you posted to the effect that if you were ever to telemark it would be soft boots and skinnys. I was merely enquiring as to whether your potential interest in telemarking this year might be along traditional or modern lines. I guess the synthetic nature of your boot interest answers my question.

As for boot comfort as a whole, one major reason for my swing to telemarking was the discomfort I got from snowboarding in the foot department...

Goals - got em written down somewhere

backside 180's and 360's off big jumps

switch backside 180's, 360's off of big jumps

fronside 720's, 900's off big big backcountry stuff

pull at least one of each of the following - misty flip, rodeo 540, backflip, frontflip

pull corked 540's and other off-axis jumps

jump 100 feet

backside boardslide

boardslide kinked rails

gap to boardslide

360 to 50/50 on a straight rail

learn about a million halfpipe tricks

ride 100 days

spend a month in British Columbia

compete in the local halfpipe circuit

get into pharmacy school

not die