OK I store my music on an external HDD and I connected my ipod to my computer without having that turned on. Turns out all the songs are now "not available" and I got ! marks by each song (all 8000 or so). I'm having trouble knowing what to do to quickly change it back to my external drive rather than the default itunes folder. No luck yet.

:(

Any advice?

Thanks

You will need to import your playlists on your Ipoo'd, and store them on that. it is looking for a path that no longer exists.

I had this issue with over 50GB of songs (thats about a years constant playing hah hah)

They don't make an ipod that big yet lol

I would: Turn on Computer, attach laptop, Open up itunes application on your computer), select your Ipod 9from this application), you will then see all the songs with a "missing" icon, then select all/ and update.

This SHOULD import your playlist onto your ipod. Also, go into the settings and check your preferences, there's one for import/shared playlists.

that should fix it...

>I had this issue with over 50GB of songs (thats about a years constant playing hah hah)

They don't make an ipod that big yet lol

What? I thought I saw a 120gig Ipod the other day, like the classic Ipod or something like that...am I mistaken?

i have to agree with FT, itunes is some of the worst piece of code written since real player.

i hated that program. there are alternatives though anapod can help you, it is not perfect but it is not itunes.

But why?

What makes it so bad? "It's crap and I hate it" is hardly educating us.

Are you able to enlighten us and the peasant masses who use it without feeling the hatred?

Trouble with itunes is that it insists on ONLY working with Apple stuff. It will not allow an ipod to synch to more than one computer (at least Windoze synch allows 2!).

Means that you ALWAYS have to have the same box operating and cannot do what I just tried, rip a DVD and transfer to my +1's ipod when her lappy is at work with her!

Originally Posted By: HighlyTrainedExNovaTeacher
I should have known perhaps that this thread would soon become a 'it's crap' thread of nonsense.

Thanks JapaneseSnowBunny and Domokun. In the end I just deleted the catalogu and re-imported them. It only took 5 minutes or so, so no big deal.

Cheers.

wow, 5 mins to reimport 10000 songs? thats fast friend