Pre-season - worst time of year or time to enjoy?

While you're shoutin' for a fight I sneak up behind you, KIDNEY PUNCH... as you fall like a sack of... you turn to see where it came from only to be met with a round house kick to the nose bridge. You crawl away to wipe the blood from your nose, trying not to p... the same, as miteyak stands tall (fully prepared to repell an attack, 360 degrees, by anything bar firearms) to proclaim SPRING SKIING SUCKS, BRING ON THE SNOW!!!

bring it on!!!

But why. There is still skiing in June and July. I've skied some pretty good days even into August. Sure it doesn't compare to winter powder but better than nothing.

And you can't usually go skiing in October and if it you can then well the season has started and the waiting is over.

i like both......but i compare to sex

before sex..u are so keen and amped (0ct/nov), then during the winter (sex) its all goooood...post sex is like (spring)...it feels nice to still lay around, but u know u cant wait for the next time again..and would rather go home..haha

I hate the build up to the first days skiing. Its cold, the landscape is brown and dead, it gets dark at about 430 and the wisps of white oh so gradually move their way down the mtn, then have a warm day and melt agonisingly back up...

but then the first days skiing. Time to suss out the new riding mates, whether they are all hot air or actually can perform on the snow, time to test new gear, work out which muscles need to be a bit stronger and just ahhhhhhhhh, ride the white and savour it all.

Nah the pre-season has its good points, it is necessary for the build up and so the post first ski of the season pain isnt too bad

I find it difficult to believe that powderpeople think now is the worst time of the year. It might not be the best, but the WORST? Surely no.

I am another of those people who actually enjoy looking forward to something.

Too anxious now! Everyday I look up to the mountain - nothing! Got my gear ready. Boards waxed. It's cold. I've got free time. But the closest ski-jo open is in Switzerland!! I hate this time. I visit the snowboard shops and they got all the new stuff on display, SB video's playing, make SB small talk with staff. Nothing to do but wait.

At least spring I can reflect or heal or start to fix my dings or whatever.. safe in the knowledge that this season is over. It's finished. Next weekend isn't a maybe. Snow's gone. It's time to anticipate the spring and summer swell. Surf time.