The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

Apparently Real Madrid are coming in with a 36 million bid lol

Next Dr Evil will be on the case with a 25 BILLION deal offer.

What a day this is turning out to be.

It seems ludicrous that they wait for the last day and then there is all this action. Admittedly lots of it probably bullshit, but it all seems so silly.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim, the prospective new owner of Manchester City, has apparently revealed that - never mind Berbatov - the club have registered bids for Valencia's David Villa and Stuttgart's Mario Gomez."

veryshocked veryshocked veryshocked

I hope they end up as embarrassing as they were when Ronaldinho turned down their huge offer for much less at a decent club. lol

Incredible. I can't work today.

Outrageous day and it's not over. If true, Citeh have made bids in excess of 90 million in the last 12 hours.

veryshocked

Looking like Mr Berbatov will be wearing the Number 9 of Manchester United though. (Fingers crossed).

Robinho will get a shock when he rolls up outside "Manchester" stadium.

Puzzled look, "What's this City thing, then?" Old Trafford's red isn't it, not blue.

confused

Who would have thought.....

On 5live the Abu Dabi fella kept saying "we have very deep pockets". Off air he supposedly said "they are deeper than Abramovitch".

Apparently they looked at the Arse and the Toon before buying Citeh.

What might have been!

In other news, 8 goals in his last 11 Prem games and Capello drops Owen. For Theo freakin Walcott. It makes no sense.

Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
On 5live the Abu Dabi fella kept saying "we have very deep pockets". Off air he supposedly said "they are deeper than Abramovitch".

Apparently they looked at the Arse and the Toon before buying Citeh.
What might have been!

In other news, 8 goals in his last 11 Prem games and Capello drops Owen. For Theo freakin Walcott. It makes no sense.

I read a report that said they have over 800 billion pounds!! That'd really allow Man City to do a Chelsea

No mention of Wigan, Mr Wiggles?

I reckon Bill Gates or Someone Else With Even More Money will come in and get Wigan, and make it the Biggest Team In The World. Just need that last push.....

smile

I hate it when teams come in flexing the $$$ muscle. Football shouldn't be about that.

angry

Lets just hope that City remain Totally Shit, so players with real ambition won't be tempted tooo much.

Quote:
Al Fahim also said Barcelona's Thierry Henry is in their sights and said: 'These are the kind of players we are looking for. The money is not a worry.'

Boaster.

It'll be great for Gates or Buffet to just suddenly buy a team, like Walsall United and then buy all the best players in the world and see them kick crap outta div 4 teams on a progression from div4 -> dv3 -> div2 -> dv1 -> Premiership Champions -> Champ league champions -> World club champions.

Then the mission ends and the expensive players are all released and they drop off the end of the world again.

Good fantasy football manager game that.

Newcastle look like they were getting jealous of the turnover of Japanese PMs.

Here we go again

"Bookies across Britain have withdrawn their 'next manager to go' markets after rumours spread that Kevin Keegan has quit the club after showdown talks with directors yesterday. Some are already running markets on the next boss, with Dennis Wise the current favourite."

biggrin

Can't see Man City doing much this year. I think Robinho will struggle, but lets see. It'll be good to have him in the premiership at least, adds a bit of extra colour to the proceedings.

Whoah

Quote:
After stunning the football world with their British record £32.5 million acquisition of Robinho from Real Madrid, Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim, who has fronted the takeover by the Abu Dhabi United Group, said the club wanted to bring in a “minimum†of 18 players.

“Ronaldo has said he wants to play for the biggest club in the world, so we will see in January if he is serious,†Al Fahim said. “Real Madrid were estimating his value at $160 million [£90 million] but for a player like that, to actually get him, will cost a lot more, I would think $240 million [£135 million].

“But why not? We are going to be the biggest club in the world, bigger than both Real Madrid and Manchester United."

Who's going to tell these dudes that there's only 11 in a first team?