The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"keano is looking bit crap too."

He is. Give it a bit of time, but I wasn't too excited on that signing (esp. at 20 mill!)

Looking like Gerrard won't be ready for the big game against United next weekend. Damn.

That would be good.

It will be Keane vs Berbatov which should be interesting.

I'm looking for a 0-3 win, with Berbatov scoring his first at the Kop end.

dance

Who knows MrWiggles, Newcastle might be next.

Quote:
A spokesman for Indian businessman Anil Ambani has denied that he has launched a takeover bid for Newcastle.

Billionaire Ambani, estimated to be the sixth richest person in the world, has long been linked with an interest in the troubled Tyneside club.

Ambani, who is said to be a Magpies fan, was reportedly ready to make his move after the club plunged into further turmoil under Mike Ashley's reign following Kevin Keegan's decision to quit the club last week.

I wonder if there are any spagzwillionnaire Wigan fans out there?

some slackers have said that if more premiership clubs went all out star buying and fielding only the stars, there would be no room for the youngsters to develope.

There could even be young internationals playing for England who may not have ever played in the premiership.

He means that some people have commented on the trend of Prem clubs to buy up foreign stars and play them at the expense of young english players, if this continues and home grown young English players can't get their chance at the big clubs, it may be feasible that at 1 point in the future, the England team may be made up of players from outwith the Top division

Interesting article in the times

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/2008/09/ten-rule-change.html

Agree with a lot of what is said there. The off-side one is an interesting point. Would be interesting to see just how a game played out without offside. Thing it would be a bit mad myself but...

Without offside im sure you would just get a formation of 5-0-5 with a load of tall players and big kickers.

It would be like George Grahams Arsenal vs the 'crazy gang' Wimbledon every game.

yeh TW is ok, when he came on against liverpool in champions league last year he look awesome with his speed. i think he is a bench player though, come on when the legs are tired for the last 30 mins type of thing. anyway, at least its looking like we can get to the world cup this time.

Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles

In other news, 8 goals in his last 11 Prem games and Capello drops Owen. For Theo freakin Walcott. It makes no sense.

I didn't see that one coming at all. Capello 1 Wiggles 0

He's only scored four career goals for Arsenal!