The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

Typical Liverpool and evidence that they will never (I said NEVER) win the Premier League. wink They beat Man United and then get a goalless draw with Stoke City.

Having said that, they should have had that goal allowed. What was that all about?

I see Arsenal at the top of the tree there.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun game to watch I suppose the result was fair. As good as he 'was', United need to start dropping Scholes. Sadly, he looks well past it now.

Wasn't on the telly, but Man City put on a good show apparently - 6 goals. Damm, we don't want them to be good.

Another disappointing display, and I agree about Scholes. He has not been effective at all recently. And more worryingly, neither has Rooney though whether that is due to him being out of position too much...

Originally Posted By: giggsy
Scholes is a legend, as is Giggsy, but they are both down on pace now and sometimes even holding the team back - like yesterday. Sad to see, but Fergie needs to act on that reality.

Think you have to put Gary Neville in there (although he has never been a patch on either Scholes or Giggs), he has NO pace, I've seen milk turn quicker than he did

Neville is 1.5 years without regular play, its understandable he isn't what he was... but he is worryingly slow at the moment - whether he can get back some speed or he is done for we will have to see.

I think Rio should be made captain proper now. He is, well, massive. friend