• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you YOS!

I have just got back from Falls Creek...and I am not happy! 1.5kg heavier in a week!!!

Admittedly the food choices through the day (lunch) were limited - where there were good options available they were invariably sold out with Pizza, Pies, chips, nacho's and that kind of thing remaining! Not really the best choices for someone watching thier weight! But our lodge offerings were supurb for breakfast and dinner - so I thought I would be OK. Especially considering the amount of exercise I was getting. I did have a few red wines at night though - that can't have helped.

Hubby and the parents can't see any size gain - and the clothes are still fitting me the same - so it is possible it is muscle weight - my calves are pretty impressive post snowboarding!

So I am back home, and back on the program - with the goal of knocking off that extra weight and taking my son's smaller snowboard pants with me in a few weeks when I take of for another quick trip.

Well..I hope you don't put too much on Orange, but if you do you can always get it off when you get back from your vacation.

I was ticked at my 1.5kg gain while I was away....but in less than a week I had dropped that and more...and was back into the swing of things. I am now 10kg lighter than I was in Japan in January - and loving it! groovy Especially all the compliments! And I have so much more energy from eating every 3 hours, I don't get that mid afternoon slump anymore.

Enjoy your holiday and worry about the weight when you get back cheers

I did an experiment this past week.

No acohol, not a drop,

Small lunch, meat and veg, no carbs,

salad for dinner every night, small amount of meat, no rice or noodles or bread, no carbs.

Didn't feel hungry or weak, just a craving for alcohol which passed after day 2.

Result 81.6 kg to today's 79.4. Small loss for a week of abstanence.

That's not small for a week Thursday!

That is LOTS!

Men and thier extraordinaryily rapid metabolisms...b!tching about losing more than TWO KILO's in a week!

Aye! The vast majority of women in this world would be THRILLED to drop 2kgs in a week.

Although ... for the first few days once we ditch the carbs we lose a signifigant amount of water weight - as the carbs cause you to retain fluid. Keep going! I would love to know how much you lose week two - I bet it would still be high though.

Just do what I do go for a 50 + kilometre cycle ride two or three times a week in this weather, there will be no need to diet you will sweat off the weight.

I still eat the same as always which is a lot, but I have lost a few K's in the past couple of weeks, it's great fun and you will feel fit too! That followed by a few punishing hours in the gym tops it all off splendidly, no need for a diet then!

Originally Posted By: snowdude
Just do what I do go for a 50 + kilometre cycle ride two or three times a week in this weather, there will be no need to diet you will sweat off the weight.
I still eat the same as always which is a lot, but I have lost a few K's in the past couple of weeks, it's great fun and you will feel fit too! That followed by a few punishing hours in the gym tops it all off splendidly, no need for a diet then!

rollabout
You must be either single, young and getting Mum to do your laundry/cook your meals etc

OR

You have a very understanding wife!

That kind of time on a regular basis is just completely unrealistic for the VAST majority of people. I used to ride (so did Papa - he once rode his bicycle from Perth to Canberra) - but work, housework, kids etc mean that kind of lifestyle is totally unrealistic. Don't take me the wrong way - I make time to exercise every day, but most days it is a few sets on the gym equipment in our bedroom retreat!

Actually I am married and have a child, and yes my wife is very understanding, not that matters! 50 K's only takes me a couple of hours to complete anyway and I usually do in the morning before work or weekends.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Originally Posted By: snowdude

rollabout

You must be either single, young and getting Mum to do your laundry/cook your meals etc

OR

You have a very understanding wife!

That kind of time on a regular basis is just completely unrealistic for the VAST majority of people. I used to ride (so did Papa - he once rode his bicycle from Perth to Canberra) - but work, housework, kids etc mean that kind of lifestyle is totally unrealistic. Don't take me the wrong way - I make time to exercise every day, but most days it is a few sets on the gym equipment in our bedroom retreat!

Ahhh... the mornings before work...

Papabear starts work at 4am.

I am up at 6am - preparing breakfast for 4 kids, getting them off to school, putting the dishes on, load of washing on, myself ready for work and out the door at 8.15am.

As I said - 2 or 3 hour bike ride....not realistic.

If you have the luxury of that time to indulge - good for you. I am hoping for early retirement where we can do things like that too....but until then a 50k bike ride would be a once a month event at best!

I will, however, be pacing up and down the edge of a Rugby field for an hour tonight cheering my boys on - and again tomorrow morning. I reckon that counts - maybe not at stripping weight off me - but very definitely in contributing to our families healthy lifestyle.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear

I will, however, be pacing up and down the edge of a Rugby field for an hour tonight cheering my boys on - and again tomorrow morning. I reckon that counts - maybe not at stripping weight off me - but very definitely in contributing to our families healthy lifestyle.

Not if you've had a few beers and another in your hand.

I do reckon it's the water content first and foremost that comes off, then it takes some exercising.

I did the last week as a couch potatoe, no exercising the drinking arm, nothing.

There are 2 things stopping me doing the biek rides;

1) don't have the time, though as always, time is what you make it;

2) don't have a bike.

Reckon I'll have to haul ass weekend mornings to get at least a brisk 3km walk in before 7am.

Originally Posted By: thursday

Not if you've had a few beers and another in your hand.

Ohh...no.... I think you are mistaking ME for my husband!

Rugby is an alcohol free event for me I am afraid - the buzz is not worth the calories at this stage I am afraid...I am too much getting off on buying new smaller clothes to wreck it with the booze!

But I might make an exception to have a beer with you Thurs! cheers And that is saying something seeing as I have NEVER had a beer in my life - a sip, and a grimace - that's about it for me. A bottle of red, some french champagne - NOW ya talking!
Quote:
And that is saying something seeing as I have NEVER had a beer in my life - a sip, and a grimace - that's about it for me

I cannot comprehend this comment!!!
Originally Posted By: @tokyo
Quote:
And that is saying something seeing as I have NEVER had a beer in my life - a sip, and a grimace - that's about it for me

I cannot comprehend this comment!!!

Means a sniff of beer and then puking guts out. But the beer won't go to waste, someone else will have it.