• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'd be better off exercising instead of starving yourself.

- do 40mins a day on an exercise bike

- stop drinking beer

- eat a little less at each meal

- no snacking

what you propose is basically starvation and anything you lose will come straight back once you start eating normally again.

If you're going to reduce the caloric intake, it would probably be better to eat a more normal breakfast and lunch and reduce the dinner, rather than reducing the lunch. You need the calories to function throughout the day so breakfast and lunch are critical, but don't really need that much after 5PM or so, so you can save the carrots for dinner.

Sort-of difficult to do if you tend to eat dinners out, or have to eat with family though.

Difficult to do the carrots etc in the evening, can't work for me that. I find it easy to make lunch small though.

Currently trying to lose a few myself before summer.

OK...I have stayed out of this one so far, but Y.O.S please be very very careful...you are going to ruin your metabolism by reducing your food intake. This is the classic mistake that us girlies make - and I should know ... I did it to myself and have paid the price in MORE weight gain!

I am now working on increasing my metabolism instead of starving myself. I am eating at least double what I ate before, but avoiding carbs after breakfast and making sure I have at least 6 protein hits every day (that is eating every 2-3hours!), and I have just dropped 5 kilo's.

I am not starving myself, I am eating variety, I am exercising (but not like a maniac), I have more energy, and I know this will fix what I broke after all those years of reduced calories, low fat carb rich products, and diet shakes.

We girls tend to get on the diet roundabout in our late teens or early 20's when we want to shift all of a couple of kilo's, and that is the beginning of a diet cycle that lasts for the rest of your life if you don't sort it out. Ever wondered why men lose weight faster than women? Yes, some part is due to thier large muscle mass, but the largest factor is they normally have not been yo-yo dieting and starving themselves for years, and thier metabolism is not stuffed.

I hope you drop those kilo's, but please be aware that HOW you drop those kilo's might do more harm than good.

there are lots of vegetables that are, whats it called..., minus calories - meaning, it takes more for your body to digest them than they contain. So, if you have a salad containing different vegetables of that nature, youre already losing calorie intake and reducing your weight to some extent. Do a search on it and you will find lots of good info.

Depending on how much youre exercising your body is going to start requiring more calories and you will feel more and more hungry as you continue exercising. As others have suggested, just eat healthy and balanced meals, cut out the chips, chocolate, beers, etc and you should be fine.

Im sure its obvious from my other thread, but I love swimming - just swam again tonight. Its, imho, much better for you than running, especially when that horrid Japanese humidity/summer sets in. Theres no impact on your body and its a great completely body workout. Positive thing about running is its free and you can do it anytime, anywhere. If you have the chance/facilities, then swim smile

Also, dont ride escalators, elevators, etc when possible. Walk. Walk quicker than normal helps burn those calories off too. Doing yoga helps burn fat/tighten your body up as well.

Hope you get the results you want!

Y.O.S.

Good Luck.

Maybe worth replacing the carrots with a lean chicken or tuna salad.

That will give you the protein so you don't start breaking down the muscle that you have (you wanna keep that!), and the zero impact salads that will fill you up but not add to your weight. Use lettuce, bean sprouts, tomato, cucumber, mushrooms, snow pea's....but save the carrots for a couple of times a week, as they (along with pumpkin, potato, pea's and corn) can spike your insulin levels and act as a carb in your system...not as much as bread and cake - but still...

Don't eat carbohydrates (bread, rice, pasta, potatoes) after lunchtime. And make sure your breakfast includes SOME protein (egg, fish, bacon...whatever you want) - that will kickstart your body in the morning.

Let us know how you go and when you get rid of the 5 kilo's!