Originally Posted By: Go Native
 Originally Posted By: MikePow
Lots of snow to follow if trends can be be relied upon.

Mate you're dreaming....

Why?

In the worst winter in 40 years (last season) we had 1.85m of pow between 12 March 2007 and 13 April 2007.
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of snow to follow if trends can be be relied upon.

Mate you're dreaming....

Why?

In the worst winter in 40 years (last season) we had 1.85m of pow between 12 March 2007 and 13 April 2007.

Because looking at the forecast charts and the longer range forecast from Japan meteorological agency it just doesn't look as though anything is going to develop. Certainly not in the next week. Possibly, just possibly something might develop during the last week of the month and I hope it does, it's just not looking that likely.

I think we will be in for one more big dump before the season is over! Even if not there is far more snow this year than last year, so many of the resorts will be ok until Mid april and even in to may.

If you go to some of the high resorts this weekend end there is a good chance of snow as apposed to rain at the lower levels.

Anyway spring skiing is fun, nothing like skiing with a t-shirt on.

I'm with Fattwins, spring is an awesome time to get out and enjoy the slopes beyond the resort. Winter might be over but we've got a good couple of months of skiing yet.

I'm with Fattwins, spring is an awesome time to get out and enjoy the slopes beyond the resort. Winter might be over but we've got a good couple of months of skiing yet.

I agree. We have already started. While not a big line the trip to Gosheki Onsen form Niseko Moiwa and back was rather enjoyable. My son really enjoyed it

Above Gosheki Onsen
quattro_28.jpg

Along the ridge back to Moiwa

quattro_29.jpg
Please do Ezorisu.

There's nothing like busting out the MB or organising a race to guarantee that the heavens open.

Gee - did the omajinai work? There was a little flurry in Sapporo last night! The trees on the mountainsides have a hint of white again, but whatever fell in town melted immediately. I guess it is warming up.

Any good accumulation in Niseko?