I bet there's lots of lovely mustaches though lol.gif

Quote:
A GERMAN travel company has launched special service - for naked fliers.

The flights are aimed at former East Germans, nicknamed "Ossis" in German, who miss the naturism that was encouraged under communist rule.

"In the former East Germany, naturist holidays were a much-loved way of spending the best weeks of the year," said the founder of travel company OssiUrlaub.de, Enrico Hess.

"We want to make that freedom possible above the clouds too."

The first nude flights will be a day-trip on July 5 between Erfurt in southeast Germany and the Baltic Sea island of Usedom, which is fringed by white sand beaches.

"All the passengers will fly naked, but they are only allowed to undress once they are in the plane. But then they will be able to enjoy the hour-long flight in the way God intended," Hess said.

The pilot and the flight attendants will however keep their clothes on.

Mantas

Cool picture. They better stay out of reach of the Japanese whale hunters sonar.

It's true that there are now fewer nudist beaches in Germany, but that is because nearly all beaches are mixed and you constantly see naked people.

Quote:
so, how many of them are mile-high club members I wonder?

Nudity is not about sex. You also don't see gangbangs on beaches. When I go into a sauna in Germany or Scandinavia nearly all are mixed. very few are segregated. No gangbangs there either.

Quote:
I'm not sitting on those seats.

The seats get full covers. There were more detailed reports in the German press.

Also no hot drinks will be served. I wonder if they give out blankets.

Originally Posted By: Kraut_in_HongKong

Nudity is not about sex.

Speak for yourself Kraut. The only time I get out the birthday suit is for sex or a shower, or ..um.. maybe the occasional Australia day celebratioin shifty.gif

It's not a joke. The flight will fit 50 people (I guess half will be journalists). It's just a day trip to one of the German baltic sea islands. You go back at night.

At €499 (US$730 > ¥77000) I find that REALLY expensive. You can fly for €50 for almost anywhere within Europe, but only dressed.

I also wonder if it's really make sense. You board dressed, and you unboard dressed. Doesn't make sense. Specially going undressed through the security check could save valuable time.

I guess it's just a marketing stunt, and it worked, getting the company worldwide attention. Even in a Japanese ski forum.

Originally Posted By: fish&chips
Just what is the nudist thing about anyway?

Good question. The local beach where the above photo was taken is gazetted as an official nudist beach on most tourist maps. It also happens to be a popular family and surfing beach. We share 'our' beach we nude tourists.
Most of them are middle aged men, some of them linger around up in the sand hills on their own. You will see some men in winter walking down the beach wearing a jumper (sweater) and no pants! WTF is going on there?

It's all a bit weird if you ask me.

Well I dont get it personally...but I know some people who are naturists - they are a normal, straight and somewhat 'prudish' family which is surprising considering...

I just think we all look a darn sight better with our embellishments (aka clothes) on!