The air stream on the satelite looks pretty good, but dunno if there is enough vapor for a major dump... how much is already up there? reckon there will be another 30cm extra on top by sunday though.

Would be nice to have the season start in November again!

There will definately be enough snow in Hokkaido for most places to open this weekend. Kurodake is already open and has at least a metre, in Niseko it has been snowing since Saturday, Furano looks like it will spin lift too and there seems to be snow around for the next couple of days,

Actually been snowing in Hirafu since last Thursday (15th) and in the past week I've measured 105cm outside my front door in Middle Hirafu Village.

As a guestimate, but an informed one, I'd say between 1.5 and 2m has fallen at 1,000m

puking golf balls in yamagata as this storm gets colder. I don't know if zao has been making snow on their lower mountain this year or not, (they have really nice snowmaking facilities, unlike the other thread) but I imagine people will get some turns in this weekend, nonethelss. I'll be picking up my pass, anyway. The gotamas will go with me being as I imagine I'll be riding many closed runs.

CB - thanks for pointing that out. The only trouble being that ALL of the other webcam links to Hakuba resorts are broken, as far as I can see. Looking at the road in the valley says nothing more than....there's snow in the valley...

This isn't SJ's fault, I guess, so I wonder when the webcam operators at Happo / 47 / Goryu etc are going to get their act together?

Just got the unofficial word that Goryu will be opening tomorrow. Currently puking here in Echoland. Glad I sorted my snow tyres yesterday. I'd guess at least 50cm up top since yesterday. On top of Sundays dump things are looking great.

Yeah, guess I underestimated it - goyru claims 40cm for last night up top, so guess happo and cortina have got more... shweet! Might have to make a quick weekend plan... Although the 10cm "base" at the bottom will need a bit of work!