I just broke up with a girl. Well, lady. Started with me being irritated by her noisy eating. Ended up with a huge argument about totally different things. I have been tired and I regret what has happened but when I sat down and thought about it.... breaking up because of that.

Any good and/or strange break up stories/reasons?

I know what you mean best skier in hakuba!

With previous girls I've had similar little trivial things that are soooo trivial but just get and get to you that it becomes a major problem!

Better that you find out about it sooner than later!

Well if you argued about other things then there was probably something else wrong also, so I wouldnt regret it too much.

One time a last straw for me was constant complaining about her weight but doing nothing about it! She had put on some weight, which was ok but the constant complaining and eating a packet of tea cakes at 11pm made me say this1 isnt working!! Of course that was at the end of a lot of other issues! Hope that doesnt seem shallow!!!

The singer Laurie Anderson has a great song where she goes "I no longer love your mouth", "I no longer love your eyes", etc. etc., but the thing she keeps coming back to is

"I no longer love the color of your sweater"

At my wedding I said in my speech:

Marriage isn't about spending your life with the one person you truly love, it's about finding the one person who will put up with your annoying habits for life.

Will buy you a beer when I come in February "best Skier"... I know where you are coming from mate, sometimes, as you have found out, it's the "straw that broke the camels back".

• 2 weeks later...

It's always the little things that get to you in the end. They may seem trivial to anyone else but if you have to put up with it day after day after day then it's not so trivial to you.

Sometimes of course it's not so little things as muikabochi points out...

it's really too much. Such a waste of time and resources, not to mention the emotional shit. But I'm no teenager anymore, so what do I know. Your friend's boy friend should really try some other farm animals, it sounds like he's a farmer.