Hanazono: Sold! To the Chinese fellow at the back

Originally Posted By: Fattwins
And yet another idiot next!

Typical (OK 5 posts here, but many more elsewhere and I've seen your style before on other boards) response.

Noone expects you to ski where you don't want BUT let us ski where WE want without your vitriolic, sarcastic put-downs.

I said before, I'm over the "mines bigger than yours" stuff. Please take your attitude elsewhere.
  • Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look mate maybe you should go elsewhere! I havent told you where to ski. Ive done more here than your 7 to 8 posts have. You and your friends have been stalking me across these boards. The fool before even called his clients Yobos SMART, very smart.

Sometimes I wish these forums were self moderated! Posts like above would be torn apart by the people who spent years building a community. Everyone is tired of the Niseko debate its been done. The resort is booming and making people rich!

Up until someone brought it up I hadn't posted a Niseko is flat post for and very very long time.

I don't have anything to do with the posters above , and I'll only post once on this.

Having seen this spat and then reading this post from the beginning it would appear to me that Fattwins contention about not having posted negatively about niseko for "a long long time" is incorrect.

If you read from the beginning , the thread is all about Hanazono being purchased. Fattwins weighs in with a negative comment about not liking niseko. Go Native then points out that Fattwins has never been to niseko. Then Fattwins came back with the first post about Niseko's pitch

I know what I want to ski and it isnt low grade powder no matter how deep it is. My ski partners have been and they all come back and tell me, "FT it was fun but I got bored you wouldnt like it".

It was only after that that people started challenging that.

So it would seem to me that Fattwins introduced the issue to this thread and has posted very recently about Niseko's lack of steepness.
The resort is booming and making people rich!

And doesn't that just eat you up? I mean how could so many people really want to ski such a flat resort when Hakuba, the jewel in the Japanese Alps, where the mountains are big and the skiers need to change their underpants, sits forlornly watching all those planes heading north full of all that foreign wealth....

Look GN if you like it flat then fine. Other people dont and know where to find stuff that suits them. Jump on a train from Tokyo and you can be at a resort in 2 hours that is steeper than where you ski. Do people want to ski Niseko yep, sure. Some people need or want a challenge. I guess its round 2 on this. GN your play.

The difference between all of us up here and you fattwins is that none of us over the years have felt the need to weigh into nearly every internet thread out there and bag Hakuba like you have with Niseko. We haven't felt the desire to point out every time Hakuba is mentioned that you have crappy accommodation options for instance. Whereas you have rarely missed a chance to jump into a Niseko thread to point out how flat it is. How would you feel if one of us did bag Hakuba every chance we got? I'm tipping you wouldn't like it one bit. This has gone beyond whether Niseko is flat or not, it's about you not being able to leave any thread about Niseko alone without making the flat argument. How about stop commenting on a place you have never been and never want to come to and we'll leave you alone, deal?

Ohh.. yes ... please say yes!

I love listening to all the information FT has to give.

Same with GN, CB, Thursday - and all the rest of you guys...

You have so much cumulative knowledge and insight that we all LOVE to hear. But the 'lay it out and measure' is funny on one thread - by the 16th it gets a bit tiresome.

Let's face it - Japan ROCKS! Every bit has it's beauty and good points.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
The difference between all of us up here and you fattwins is that none of us over the years have felt the need to weigh into nearly every internet thread out there and bag Hakuba like you have with Niseko. We haven't felt the desire to point out every time Hakuba is mentioned that you have crappy accommodation options for instance. Whereas you have rarely missed a chance to jump into a Niseko thread to point out how flat it is. How would you feel if one of us did bag Hakuba every chance we got? I'm tipping you wouldn't like it one bit. This has gone beyond whether Niseko is flat or not, it's about you not being able to leave any thread about Niseko alone without making the flat argument. How about stop commenting on a place you have never been and never want to come to and we'll leave you alone, deal?

reread my posts again about Niseko
here is my stance on Niseko GN

maybe the above post will jog your memory

I weigh into every Niseko post is a but rich mate. Tell your magazines to stop publishing that you have flat Terrain not just me. Im sure the great marketing engine can get it done.

Lousy Accom thats a funny one. 70000 beds in the region and all lousy, right nice try. Lets pop one up that Thursday would love and that quite frankly you guys need according to him.

http://www.laneige-higashikan.com/newweb/index_e.php

That's a great post CB. Very balanced.

I've met this conundrum before when I lived in the town of Whitefish, Montana, USA and skied at the then Big Mountain (it's now Whitefish Mountain Resort).

I worked as a rep for the British tour operator Inghams and they used to offer two centre holidays - 1 week in Fernie, BC and 1 week in Big Mountain.

Unfortunately they offered Fernie first and Big Mountain second.

In my opinion they should have offered it the other way round.

Go to a less steep mountain with excellent powder but not normally in the same depths overnight as Fernie receives to get your ski legs and to familiarise yourself with soft snow conditions, then go to Fernie for the second week to ski steeper and deeper terrain.

Which leads us back to the Niseko area.

Can I ski steeper terrain that what is on offer up here? Yes.

So why am I spending my second winter here? It's all about work and visas.

If I can get work in the Hakuba area instructing in the English language and get the visa to do it legally then I will quite possibly make the move. Until that time I'm very happy skiing and teaching on the terrain that this area offers.

If I had any business interest in the Hakuba area the first thing I would do is get an association with a business in the Niseko area.

And the message would be congratulations on coming to Niseko. If you've enjoyed this holiday but would like a different experience on your next visit to Japan, do one week in Niseko and then head down to Honshu for the second week to get different ski and non-ski experiences.

That way everyone wins, especially the customer.

OK, 10000+ posts! Oh, you must be some kind of guru. Or maybe just a forum tart.

I am new here, as the number of posts will attest. I have met GoNative but cannot say that I've met any of the others either here or on the other fora I inhabit. Friends? Dunno, maybe if we met up we may be.

I can say for sure that I would have difficulty agreeing with you given the tone of most of the posts in this thread.

You tell me to "get over it", well, I can tell you for sure that I'm over the argument about which resort is "best". It all depends on what you want and I do not necessarily want to drop down chutes at 45degrees. At just a touch under 60, I have a healthy respect for the intactness of all of my bones.

Now, serious point ... you have business affiliations in Hakuba! And, before you ask, No, I do not have business affiliations anywhere in Japan.

bloody hell. Is this gonna go on all night? Yes, FT has a business in Hakuba, but that is only in the last 3 years. He has been on here talking Hakuba up for way longer than that. From long before he even moved to Hakuba. His tune has not changed in all that time. He has always said the same thing. He may be over enthusastic of his comparisons with Niseko, but h is not pushy about it. Post on here for any length of time and you will start to understand that. What CB said is the best summary of the situation. Each place is fun and has its good points. Let's just leave it at that rather than continue to let this forum degenerate into a flaming shit-fest, which unitl now it has thankfully not become.

• SnowJapan Admin
 Quote:
Let's just leave it at that rather than continue to let this forum degenerate into a flaming shit-fest.

We will not let that happen, Bushpig.

No more flames in this (or related) thread(s).

I wonder why people would care so much what is being said?

Obviously these last few posters, with 10 posts or less, have interests in the area?? People can say whatever they want about any area, doesnt affect whether I do or dont go there, I'm guessing these people are seeing numbers falling to other resorts and are scared; hence the need to take this action. If you notice, the majority of posters here, who have been here for a while, laugh at Fattwins' stance on Niseko as its been going on for, well, the entire time he's been on here. He used to take the piss outta me too lol.gif

Anybody who actually get's worked up over this obviously has a reason or more...losing money to other resorts for one.

Good to finally have a few Hokkaido people on here. Almost seemed like everyone on here was from Hakuba for a while. Hope you don't get kicked off for fighting or just decide to split coz we need people to represent from the North IMO. Hope FT doesn't get kicked off either.

;\) \:\)

• SnowJapan Admin

ger, I agree. Having regulars on here in all different regions of Japan is a great thing.

But this is totally up to them.

If people come on here and almost right from the start cause problems, start and relentlessly continue flaming wars - and then start taking multiple swots at us at the same time - then what can they realistically and reasonably expect?

Anyone is welcome on here if they just agree to and act within the guidelines we have.