We all seem to have been waiting for ages. And there are some places open, but it hardly seems worth the effort.

When is that first real decent 50cm dump going to arrive?? wakaranai.gif

Sorry, just frustrated. \:o

Ummmm, check out the report for Hachimanti Forest. They got 50cm yesterday. Sorry south people. It will come though!

Don't know about everyone else, but it got damn warm here today. I was going to go to Hakkoda, but the 12 degree temps kept me off the mountain. Instead, scored some great waves behind the house \:D Today was nicer than most summer days we get up here. Weird. Que the music for the snow dance...........

I hope we're up to our bras in pow pow in a week! Did I just say that out loud....?

Hope the burning is going well Fattwins! Man, it's like summer again up here today. Looks like there is another front coming through bringing some snow soon, but don't know how much.

Speaking of fun and groomers... just got back from 4 days at rusutsu spent mainly on groomers. Brilliant blue skies and hardly anyone on the mountain. By ducking the ropes, we even managed a handful of powder runs on the groomers that the resort had kept closed on Thursday and Friday, so the weekend visitors would have some fresh stuff to play on. cool.gif

Ender, you may be right, it's just my guess, but at least some of the runs seemed to be fine (i.e no worse than the others) and a couple were subsequently opened on Sat. No doubt some were a bit dubious and for safety reasons they were kept closed, but that didn't seem to slow people down. At one stage there seemed to be more people heading under the ropes than using the authorised courses.

You bet Nekobi, it was nuts in the Hakuba area and I hear further south was just as deep... or better.

This is one of the first times I have appeared on the scene at the right time: big (first) dump, crap weather for days then on Sunday morning, I arrive and the weather is perfect and the powder abundant. It was lucky perfect timing and man, about time.

ps - there is quite a lot of snow in Tsugaike. I saw pile that were close to 200cm deep. Considering what there was lat week, this is amazing.