• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnowJapan Admin

Hi wave.gif

We'd like to go ahead and do something about this... but need to get the specs right for the submissions. What do you think? For the last one it was this:

Quote:
The specs of the FINAL DESIGN will need to be as follows:

--- 300dpi- 600dpi;

--- size: 4in x 4in OR 3in x 10in;

--- Clear background;

--- CMYK;

--- 4 colors max.;

--- no photos.

Acceptable Software Applications (all versions of):

--- Adobe Photoshop; Adobe Illustrator; Macromedia Freehand

Acceptable File Formats:

--- TIFF, EPS, JPEG, PSD (300 - 600 dpi)

--- Both Mac and PC formats are acceptable.

For those more in the know, does that seems reasonable, or any further comments?

Thank you

I've found out about T shirt information...SJ admin \:\)

Depending on how elaborate the T-shirts are the prices are between 1400 yen and 3500 yen as long as you order more than 30 shirts. I havent called to see about long sleeve or anything else yet. The sports shirts and regular T-shirts are both good quality.

以上 \:\)

• SnowJapan Admin

Hi CB, thanks.

Please do send info on if you have any.

It's been a really crazy week here - we've had a few setbacks with development things on this end (and still waiting for the green light on a few other things we are doing) and while things are pretty much back on track now it has probably delayed everything by about a week or so. So sorry we aren't able to put much thought into this, heads are exploding with other things.

Technical people, do those design specs we posted before seem ok for us to go ahead with the comp?

Thanks for the help folks.

I googled blank T-shirts and came up with quie a few places selling them in bulk. Most of them had long sleeved and hoodies too. I was looking for something a bit more interesting but only found the standard Haynes or Fruit of the Loom types.

CB, are the ones you found like that or better?

That looks good SJ, cheers, I was gonna drag this one up today.

I do though, believe we need to kick it off with a template for peoples to work with, and give a few examples of what to do & not what to do.

Obviously there are printer limitations. having said that, I am sure if a design really works, the winner would be happy to modify it to suit rpinting.

Also, proper specs will be needed from the printer, ie, if you are producing an Adobe Illustrator (.ai) file, should we include Pantone colors for perfect color reproduction?, and if we are to follow the SJ logo, can you please supply us with the perfect colors.

If using fonts, please ensure they are either "scalable", embedded, or attached to the design in folders (again the printing company will let you know of what is needed).

How about a template to start, such as this:

http://www.vectorportal.com/templates/detail.asp?iFile=472&iType=78

Hey SJ, if U need it, lemme know & I will put together a proper template for people to start with (I have it @ home, just not here @ work).

Cheers for kicking this off, it will be fun, now go back and earn money!

PS, U wanna employ a Gaijin from Down Under to be an Uber Web Guy? muah huh huh....

Hey SJ, BY template, I mean, start with a blank t-shirt in vector format, that way, all entrants look the same when applied to a shirt.

Please look at that link I added.. Something like that.

Also, if this is for a shirt, we really need to know what color the shirt will be, as some designs will look crap if on the wrong color..

Cheers mate... Just thought it would help us heaps.

Oh, and can we merge/clean up this thread, rather than carry it on & get lost in "off topic?" ...

Do the initial stages need to be so technical? I think that might put some people off. I think it would be better to just start with some basic guidelines and the design that gets selected can be cleaned up to meet the printer specs.

• SnowJapan Admin

Really very sorry for the delay in responding to this.... we've all been a bit too busy for our own good lately and things are getting missed.

\:\(

Anyway, we are hoping to look at this a bit more & get something moving early next week.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I got Very bored this weekend, heres somehting I was playing with.

These are for Snowboarders lol.gif

shirt_5.gif

shirt_6.gif

shirt_7.gif

shirt_8.gif

No loogo's on it yet (SJ, do you have a vector outline of your logo?).

Even if this never happens, I may decde to screenprint a few up, the second shirt with a bit of work might actually be ok to wear....

yeah, i know these are not designed for this comp (when it happens). It is more a "design play" t5o see if it is woirth doing a small run (say 50 shirts) to see if anyone wants one.

I just got bored and wanted to push pixels around.... cheers for the comment tho...