• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnowJapan Admin

Yes thanks for that.

Personally I think something simple would be good.

(And we will be having a new font to play with soon.... shh).

Should we setup a competition then folks?

• SnowJapan Admin

OK we will do this then.

Last time the "prize" (as such) was the design being used on the sticker, and also giving SJ permission to use it how it in any way. That sound ok?

Ideas, folks.... ideas will really help us get this going much much quicker than if we have to sit down and think it through!

;\)

Sounds Good Sj, here's my thoughts:

Design to be used for:

Sticker

Neck Lanyard (pass holder)

T-Shirt

If all are used, the comp will include base designs for artists/members to use. All product varients can have a winner,

This is assuming this is financially viable.

Heres my thoughts:

- Entries can be computer generated or hand drawn;

- Use a maximum of 4 colours (shades of each are ok);

- Must be original art, no copyrighted images/artwork to be used;

- Design must be scalable, or high resolution for printing;

- All usage rights belong to SJ.com;

For prizes, obviously it would be awesome to have your stuff created, and receive a copy of them, perhaps get some sponsors to offer something?

Oh, and a high 5 =)

Well, I was gonna design a panda peeing the words SnowJapan into the snow, =) I was gonna do it vinylpulse style (Google that word)...

Man, seems everyone wants disembowelling on t-shirts & death images?

Skulls it is then! heh heh

Thats the things about a comp, U can put whatever U want on. Even if it doesn't get picked, it's still good to see what people come up with, so let's not be too harsh & dampen what people come up with, I am sure many will be surprised with what comes up from this. (hopes)....

Thanks for the Link SJ4....

heres another (Simple) design. Crap, but just a start of ideas...

shirt_3.gif

• SnowJapan Admin

Anyone know of any good places to get things made? Before we go much further we really need to think through costs and everything - as we don't have much (er, any) that we can throw at this up-front....

Dunno about here actually, but back home its real easy to get a t-shirt made. We got a bunch made up for a stag party we went on to Krackow, it was pretty cheap and easy. So I guess there'll be places here that'll do it. If not, Thursday can hook us up in China with some swea.......quality manufacturing institutions!! ;\)

For all u designers out there, there is an awesome font place called "dafont", which has tonnes of free fonts. This will help heaps.

Heres another play on design... Ok, I am not sure if anyone actually gives a toss about these, but I am trying to help inspire people to get cracking. =)

shirt_4.gif