haha, nah, no the jumpsuits, more like the one tsonda has. some of my friends in canada had tem - more like high-waisted pants, with some over the shoulder straps - they seemed like they'd stop snow getting under your jacket.

i guess i just got to stop falling over

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: spook
haha, nah, no the jumpsuits, more like the one tsonda has. some of my friends in canada had tem - more like high-waisted pants, with some over the shoulder straps - they seemed like they'd stop snow getting under your jacket.
i guess i just got to stop falling over

I use exactly what you describe, high waisted pants with shoulder straps. They are very comfortable, and never let snow in.

Actually, no. I haven't fallen once in my three seasons here. That's not because I'm any kind of hero. I'm very stiff with knackered knees and back. Falling hurts and a stack could put me out for weeks, so I try to stay in my zone of competance.

I'll be going off piste this season, so I expect that to change.

Originally Posted By: 66jzmstr
I like a handful of snow down the back of my pantalones on a hard bail.

It helps me regain consciousness a little faster.

Freezing rivers do that quite well too.

Snow down the back, if it happens, is usually no more than you deserve! It's motivational.

Back on topic:

New boots - probably thrird pair of the same: Salamon Malamutes.
They fit my ankles like a glove and have great response and can still be tweaked out as long as you don't crank the laces too tight. Keep the old pair with new laces for jibbing.
I have been considering some softer boots since widening my stance but never seem to find any that don't fit like crap loose skateshoes circa 2002.

Another jacket.. still searching for the perfect one... maybe the old Burton AK down featureless designed for layering, and the Nitro L1 'Machine Gun Ettiqutte' Jacket in plain white.
Or the Bonfire Triumph Jacket which is both stuck together in the same jacket.
Or the Burton 3L in lemon yellow. and the down for packable layerable puffiness.

I'm going to be in the states in October, so i'm cruising the online shops for bargains, but it's hard not being able to try them on.

AK, you & your ski mitts.... :shakeshead:

AK, that burton 3l jacket is 50% off on their site, but you need someone with a US credit card to get it. I was looking too at the L1 machine gun etiquette jacket but now I am anti-Nitro so forget that!

Kuma, have you looked at either of them in the flesh?

L1 Nitro stuff looks pretty tough, but the 3L should be good too with a lifetime warranty - and bright yellow is always good.

Do I need US credit card, or just US delivery address?

Well for me I guess have to be new boots and stocks, otherwise got everything else.

Bought a new camera a couple months ago, Panasonic DMC-TZ3 28-280mm lense. The pics it takes is un real for a compact, as good as an SLR.

If your looking for something small, light and able to take really clear pics then I would recommend this. And unlike most small cams it really does have a lense that starts at wide angle 28mm and goes right through to 280mm. 10x optical and 4x digital giving it a 40x zoom. Not many of the biggies can match that without paying a small fortune.

If anyone is looking to buy a new cam for this years snow season and wants to see the pic quality let me know and ill post a few pics up here, of course not snow ones.

I'm looking forward to taking lots of snow pics this year with it.

Originally Posted By: Kumapix
that camera has no viewfinder so good luck taking shots on a sunny day on the slopes!

Well my last camera didn't have a viewfinder either, but never had a problem so no reason I should have a problem this year.
It anyway has a function to allow taking pictures in sunlight so that you can see the screen.

Once the snow arrives I will take some pics and see how I get on, but I bet i'll get some good pics.