Well, it's August & the new gear is coming out day by day. What's on your shopping list for the upcoming season?

I'll start it off:

1)a 164 custom x

CM164.jpg

2) maybe some burton hover mitts

3) depending on when my pants fall apart, burton ronin 2l pants

and that's all (hopefully!)

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my lady has salomon spx5 bindings and they seem pretty good - reasonably light, durable, strong and comfy. the ratchets are top notch.

the only prob is the loop at the back of the binding (what the heel cup sits on) has this bit of plastic that pokes downwards. i'm not really sure why it isn't a nice smooth edge, but this bit of plastic trashes the rubber heel of her salomon boots. i think this is a bit weird, seeing as the boots and bindings should fit like a glove

you're stuck with that one pack. if you just want to do mostly resort riding but maybe duck the rope if the conditions are good then you need to carry that medium size pack all day as opposed to something just big enough for a shovel & probe. or, on a trip when you need a bigger pack you can't use the avalung. If you just get the avalung you can wear it anyday with any setup. the down side is that it's another thing you have to strap on while the pack one is right there already

Hmmm, good point.

A jacket integrated avalung would be cool. Hmmmmmm. I wonder how hard it would be to make one. My jacket is about to kark it, maybe it would give its life for a good cause...

As far as I can tell all they do is draw air from the front and expel the air behind you. Does anyone have more info? Do they have anything fancy like passive carbon scrubbers?

Passive carbon scrubbers?

um.... no.

You should just follow rule number 1; all slopes slide.

then follow rule number 2; never get caught in a slide.

then follow rule number 3; use all tools available to you in hopes you will never need them.

yay for avi gear!

The only category of gear that is required, yet you hope to never actually need. How fricking ironic of a niche is that?