The FOOTBALL Thread (2007-2008)

I don't want either to win! Perhaps at a push Arsenal because I'd maybe prefer to play them in a final. (Liverpool seem to get luck on Europe nights).

Big worry right now is United defence with Vidic out and Rio maybe for a few games. \:\(

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vidic is back in 2 weeks though, isn't he?

Liverpool are my English team, so of course I want them to win. Beneitez needs his head read though with all his rotation in the league. Liverpool are never gonna be anywhere near to winning the title again until they consistently play their best 11

Thats what they say but that 2 weeks includes the game just gone, CL tomorrow, Arsenal at the weekend and maybe more. He is a great player and not having him and Rio at the back is a worry.

No way! Rio has been immense this season, his best yet. He has been known to doze off once in a while but that is less this year and the huge majority of the time he has been superb. He is totally cool and collected. Him and Vidic are the best centre back pairings in football!

Benetiz was trying to find his best team I think. I think now he has got it with gerrard playing behind torres and we will see that more. now, will crouch sign a new contract or not with that in mind?

Finally the huge one tonight, cant wait for it!

Exciting game.

Well I think I'd prefer Liverpool to get to the final now - against us of course. Memories of how we smashed them up last month remain strong/

That was G-R-E-A-T

Gerrard has balls of steel to take that penalty, my legs were shaking safely at home.

This makes amends for the Micky Thomas thing back in 89 or whenever it was, when arsenal got it back to 2-2 I was so gutted but that didnt last long \:\)

Was Crouch in the team cos his contract is up for renewal?

Hmm, think I'd prefer Barca in the final than Man Utd. Chelsea may make it third time lucky though. Hopefully 2nd leg is at anfield.

Forgot to say, the Kop were the 12th man again. Thats why we got the penalty last night and Arsenal didnt at the emirates.

1st leg of chelski game is at anfield \:\(

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
but knowing Liverpool and Arsenal of late it'll be a snail paced nail biter.

lol.gif did I call that wrong!! Nice one Liverpool!! Torres took his goal well. What was Almunia's positioning like at Babel's goal?! not that it really mattered by then, but he wasn't covering half his goal!

well it was pretty much straight on, not much he could do i think.

really dont want man utd in the final. looks like ill be missing the 2nd leg at chelsea as ill be flying back from the US \:\( shouldve checked the schedules in advance.

nah but I mean his position in the goal, he was way off to his right, leaving the left gaping. He just got caught outa position, like I said at 92 mins and 3-2 down it didn't make much difference

Soft penalty at best. Brown was a bit silly to lunge in like that in the box and the ref was going overboard with the decision.

I agree thursday (well at least the CL bit anyway)

man utd vs liverpool would be horrific. we would lose and itd be worse than going out in the first round.

itd be amazing for football though.