• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lots of cloudy looking humid weather early on this morning  

High of 26 forecast for today, after a cool overnight. I like that.

It all melted?!?     Clear here too.

Tried this morning to do some work with the windows open.

It's not mad hot, but I was starting to get real sweaty with the humid thing still going on, so on with the aircon for a bit I think.

Greetings Snow Lovers!

I've been AWOL - sowwwwwy!

But I've been getting a fair amount of shredding in.

Niseko in Dec/Jan and March, NZ in July (including a heliski adventure-woo!), Hotham 3 weeks ago and just on my way back to Thredbo!

Little bit broken...broke my arm on the last day at Hotham, so riding in a cast this weekend - that'll be interesting!

Hope everyone is well and happy :)

Greetings Snow Lovers!

Niseko in Dec/Jan and March, NZ in July (including a heliski adventure-woo!), Hotham 3 weeks ago and just on my way back to Thredbo!

Little bit broken...broke my arm on the last day at Hotham, so riding in a cast this weekend - that'll be interesting!

Who did you go with on the Heli-ski MB.

I went with Southern Lakes last year and had planned to go with Harris Mountains out of Wanaka a few weeks back -There were too many down days early this month so missed out .A day after I got back I heard that Harris Mountains had a heliski crash with one fatality and several injured :shifty:

Oh, and a big welcome back BTW :wave:

Greetings Snow Lovers!

Who did you go with on the Heli-ski MB.

I went with Southern Lakes last year and had planned to go with Harris Mountains out of Wanaka a few weeks back -There were too many down days early this month so missed out .A day after I got back I heard that Harris Mountains had a heliski crash with one fatality and several injured :shifty:

Oh, and a big welcome back BTW :wave:

We went with Southern Lakes also SnowJunky.

I was absolutely gutted to hear about HMH losing a chopper and also a heli skier :(

Our day out was only the 3rd they'd been able to do for the season and it was a cracker. Fresh snow on Sunday, bluebird and still on. Monday for our adventures. Was myself, PB and 17yr old PoloCub along with 2 other Perth guys (one boarder in NZ for the season and his skier mate from somewhere Norway, Scandinavia or something - can't remember now). Was an awesome crew with a brilliant guide who let us just go for it after a run to make sure we knew what we were doing. We were very very lucky.

Yes SL Heli was good - we had an awesome pilot by the name of Hanibul - a legend in NZ rescue circles as everyone tells me.

Was butt clenching hairy at first flying betwee mountains with Nil visability for 2 minutes (seemed like hours) before coming out over Mt Nicholas about 40k south of Queenstown..

Another butt clench landing on a narrow ridge and then heaven on a stick. (or sticks in my case)

A few pics below (SJ in the Kermit pants)

gallery_10039_320_127635.jpg

gallery_10039_320_43963.jpg

gallery_10039_320_99178.jpg

gallery_10039_320_1897.jpg

Lunch half way down the Mt with some other groups

gallery_10039_320_125786.jpg

gallery_10039_320_309078.jpg

I look forward to seeing your pics later on

Cloudy and quite chilly again with brightish bits occasional patches of blue sky and spots of rain all at the same time.

More rain expected this afternoon and again tomorrow.

We actually got a little sunshine for a short time and for the first time this week temps briefly struggled up to a nice warm 23.

It has turned cold again now and the wind is cold enough to make my ears cold.

A coat or pullover is required.

Feels like October in Kofu.