1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

My cousin had one of these, and it brought back fond memories of dismantling the damn thing to get the colors all matching again. The kid solved the thing in like 15 minutes! I demanded that he teach me and after a little practice, I too have mastered the cube. How about you?

it's interesting to see that i'm the first person that can't do it. i guess this is a very esteemed forum.

on youtube they have all these crazy videos of people solving cubes with one hand, behind their back etc etc in record time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speedcubing

Read this. You can find information on methods.

But sometimes the methods are harder than trial and error. I am not great at solving them but I can do it.

The game I excel at is "Risk". And it has even affected my family. My mother got remarried to some prick I never liked. She started to not like him, he had a bit of a temper but he would never show it in public. Street angel house devil type. He even would walk around with a bible in his hand.

Well I came back from college and told him I liked the game risk--- Who doesn't and Who doesn't think they can play like a king. Also in our particular Christian denomination "violent" games are forbidden. So possessing risk was a risk in itself (I bought it)

So anyway we proceeded to teach my mother and have a few games. I was really into fractal theory, randomness and seed generation, it helps but dont discount luck and the ability to piss people off of ensure constants wins. So we played a few times as a "family", got a few other "Christians" to play also. I could win pretty easily. But would feign a few losses. Anyway. to boost his ego he would play my Mother because she was an easy win. Then I turned it around. Thought her how better to risk, also I told her before hand that I would give her strategic areas to control. Alaska, Siam etc.

Well you never saw an angel fall from grace so quickly. Tables physically over turned. Separation was just a few months later. All over a board game. I haven't played it in 7 years.

Another game I used to mess with that guys head was "Cheat" its a card game where you cheat to lose cards as quickly as possible. I think in Aus its called arsehole.

It frustrated me a lot when I was a teen, I remember dismantling it so it was a skeleton and rearranging the pieces. Hopeless at that kind of thing. There was this one guy at school who could do it really really quick. I can't remember how long but I'm pretty sure I remember it being not more than a few minutes (less than that?) I was amazed.

Same here I could never get that final bit going, it really frustrated me for a while that thing did.

I could do the Rubiks Snake though that was easy.

Have you seen those cubes that have 5 (?) layers instead of 3. No thank you!!

That thing frustrated me no end! I wonder how many hours and days I spent trying to finish that without success. I can honestly say it brought me about 1 hour of fun and a hundred plus times more than that frustration!

I bought one last year actually when they seemed to be in the shops here. I spend a few weeks and lots of hours and with the one-time help of an online guide was able to conquer it.

• 2 weeks later...