During the week I usually have to get up around 6:00 am, some days I can sleep in to 6:30 but rarely much later than that. It's OK but means I have to go to bed pretty early to compensate. Was speaking to a guy who owns a bar the other night and his time schedule is the flipside of mine. No way I could handle that sort of lifestyle.

I expect there are quite a few people on here who get up early. Touque, you were usually up early when you were in Japan I remember.

Ideally I'd at 7:00, do some exercise and then start work round 10:00, but...one of these days. On that note it's time for bed.

Very early morning is awesome, amazing part of the day. But not if it just ushers in yet another paid instalment of the grind.

When I am free I love being awake before light. But that little effort to get out of bed is always tough (but worth it once up and going).

During the work grind I get up at 8am and am at work by 9.

I got up before 6am this morning, very impressed by myself and happy to see beautiful sunrise. \:\)

probably still jet lag I think...

Usually, I wake up with the sun but get up at 7:30am, have slow breakfast, get to the office around 10am. I am a slow starter.

Excersise in the morning sounds nice. If I can get up before 6am every morning, maybe I should start morning biking along the river.

when i was working in london over the summer i was up by 7:30 every morning and at work by 9.

now that im back at uni and my earliest class is 11am i dont get up until 10 most mornings.

i like getting up early, so i can make the most of my day. harder in practice though and it does take me a while to get going.

jealous to hear about some of these late starts-I'll be one of the first geeks in the office at 7:30 again tomorrow morning. Morning is so much nicer if you're up for leisure reasons.

the surf's been fun lately so i've been getting up at 5.30ish and getting in the water for an hour and a half before work, which is a pretty ace way to start the day. its nice being at the beach at sunrise and seeing the sun come up. you get that magic 10 or 15 minutes when everything is lit up golden, and there's hardly anyone else around.

but other than that i looooove sleeping in.

ideally i'd like to start work at 10 or 11, but at the moment am doing the 9-5 grind.

No tricks. To make it worse I maintained a heavy drinking lifestyle and regularly didn't sleep on Saturday night, hitting the sack half out of it on Sunday night. It was hard work on a young body. Thinking back I didn't keep it up for 45 years. After 3 years I started at 7.30am and once a week rolled up at 9am after a surf. But the first few years were hell. I had regular nighmares about work. Real nice.

On a positive note: I a normal lunch was 1.5 hours, a long one could go for 3hrs. Work was all but over after lunch, but I had loose ends to tie up at 4.30pm, usually all done by 5.30pm. Long lunches and early finishes made it easier (to go to the pub a lot).

There were other benefits.

Sounds like you used to be one of those beer guzzling Aussies then DB ... Me, never!!!

I don't know how I could cope with less than 7 hours sleep a night. I like getting 8 but have recently been struggling to get 7 due to living with a mate who seems to be addicted to TV. Seriously this guy must watch at least 4-5 hours of TV every night and then gets a taxi to work each morning because he cant get up in time to get the train. After nearly 6 months travelling with no TV, mobile phone or internet, I often have these dreams where no matter how many times I try I can't turn off the TV. And the worst thing is it is on INSIDE my head!!!

TV, mobiles... I don't get the big deal. Its been over a decade since I watched tv in my house. I havn't even had one in my place for years and years. There was one in Tokyo but it never got turned on (after one sighting of J tv why ever turn it on again?). Never had any form of cable tv and I own only 5 dvds. My girlfriend and I constantly don't have a mobile phone on us over the weekend, its becoming a joke. In fact, we often aren't sure where they are, usually turned off somewhere and hidden under something. It takes 10 minutes just to find one. I don't even have a land line. But I couldn't ring to find it anyway as I don't know my phone number.

If I had to give one bit of advice in life: ditch the tv, and when your work is done go outside and leave the phone at home.

But I do spend 5 hours a day on the internet.

Speaking of getting up in the morning: I use my mobile as an alarm clock. There, back on topic.

Quote:
and then gets a taxi to work each morning because he cant get up in time to get the train
Tv for 5 hours and a taxi to work.... obviously not in Japan then?

I like my 7-8 a day.

Spook,

sorry to have missed you in SE Asia - seems we were just a busride ahead/behind. Most unfortunately was you had my work email and couldnt check it. Too bad

Got up quite early while traveling and went to bed at a good time too. Been keeping that going up till now.

Go to bed round 10-11

Get up at 6-6:30. Occasionally sleep till 7 but only like 1/week.

Agreed with Spuds - It was wonderful not having a cell on our travels. Felt so lucky not having one and really got confused.gif by the amount of travellers carrying them as well. Seemed to always have em and use em.

That, and the pure amount of time people sat and chatted on the internet with friends while traveling. Dont get it.

Was nice not having to use my keitai as an alarm thumbsup.gif

Generally wake up just before my alarm goes off \:\)

Yeah I've been waking up just before my alarm recently. For the next week I can just go to bed and get up when my daughter does. It's going to be nice having a 2 year olds schedule with a guaranteed 8 hours sleep.

Quote:
Originally posted by Davo:
Yeah I've been waking up just before my alarm recently. For the next week I can just go to bed and get up when my daughter does. It's going to be nice having a 2 year olds schedule with a guaranteed 8 hours sleep.
Youve only got 24 more hours though mate... wave.gif