• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a 5'10" Indo. It was a little premature getting it this summer, he's mate's are still riding their old man's 6'6"'s.

He's struggling a little but happy to be out there. He's little mates are really keen too, which is great.

hey fellas, i'm visiting friends in the sydney (stanwell park and also the northern beaches area) and on the mid north coast (around forster i think) in early jan

what's the chance of there being any waves... worth bringing a board along?

Good spot around Forster Spook. Not far from here. Find out exactly where and I'll tune you up. Or better still, show you if things line up. January not the best month for swell though, you could get lucky and jag a cyclone swell.

celito beach i think? some sort of a campground near there. the rest of the time we will be around narrabeen. i looked up celito beach and the first few pages on google were all about a white pointer attack there earlier this year. haha. what're the odds huh? still, i'm not fussed about that, just more curious about the waves.

gonna be with the missus and three non-surfing friends. just thought it there were likely to be fun waves for a hour bash or so each day i'd get into it while they were all still sleeping off their hangovers.

what are the general good winds for the stretch of coat. westerly is offshore obviously, but are north and south good or bad?

Spook, last Jan was pretty fun. So there is always the odd chance that you will have fun waves (nothing like E-bay though!). You know that if you don't take your board that will guarantee waves which would be good for us! wink.

DSCF0067_2.jpg

This is the river mouth at Celito beach. Not always flowing though. With all this rain you may be lucky and they'll open the lake. this is the gun wave of the area when it's on.

DSCF0033_1.jpg This is Celito south point, these are my photos, that's me.

DSCF0007.jpg

This is south point Boomerang, a 10 min drive from Celito.

North Celito has a fun peak as well, your probably most likely going to be surfing up that end this time of year. There are heaps of other waves in the area. When the wind goes NE, which is nearly every arvo, Go to Treachery. It will be offshore and Seal Rocks light house is a good hike for the resr of the crew.

They couldn't have picked a better spot for you to camp Spook. We go there all the time. thumbsup

awesome mantas. and cheers for the FB message.

decision made, gonna slip a board in. flying virgin blue with carry-on baggage only. a board is $10 each way. i've got an old 6'1" with FCS. i'm thinking about just checking it onto the plane without a boardbag - you know that old theory that if you just check a board on without packing it, the baggage handlers will realise how fragile it is and look after it better..

will post some pics of the waves if we score any

• 1 month later...

Yep. Two great sessions over at the left.

A bit of carnage on our boat on Wednesday. One snapped board, two snapped leg ropes and a lost board. Yep gone, dunno where it went.

I left the Law sitting in a titty bar at about 8pm with the two halves of his board under his arm.

What a day. lol

• 5 months later...