• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I tend to leave a small DNA donation to the Lennox surf queen most visits! Try it on a Huge high tide with a big swell like last week!

Was behind a local fella that lost patience and just jumped.. Wave picked him up and and him over the grater (and this was going out!)Good to see that happen to others rather than moi!

nothing for spook for weeks. been hella busy with work and a couple of little projects. am just patiently counting down the days til i am back in indo .... bring on mid-march i say!

so lennox has been pumping indo? i dunno anything about the rock-off there, but i will testify to the fact that getting out at j-bay is a nightmare. very painful, very frustrating, very humiliating...!

that sounds sick indo!

yep mantas, back to the mentawais for a full season gonna be there til the end of november hopefully. it's been good being stuck in waveless perth all summer though - makes me realise what i left and will hopefully stop me from being spoilt when i get back up there.

• 4 months later...

I thought I'd dig this back up out of the bowels.

Some Ahole flogged my board last week so I'm about to order a newie. Our local shaper lent me his quad for a try. It was pretty loose. Not a very good test run in bumpy 3-4 footers.

Anyone riding one of these?

Rode a Retro quad the other week. Was pretty fun in the real small but and might not handle over 4ft.

What board got flogged? Ya small wave board? That sucks...

Been some OK waves of late, but nothing to get too excited about.

Early surf tomorrow am and off to SA for a week... brrrr.

yeah Indo, it was my everyday short board. I was filthy. They took it off the roof of my truck in broad daylight at a shopping centre. I went and bought some lockable straps today.

I found that quad very loose. I liked it but I have a feeling it might let me down if I needed it to hang in there. It's interesting, this guy is making more quads than tris at the moment.

There's some funky boards out there now.

It's getting a bit brrrrr down here now.

Quads... very loose indeed.

My first wave I drove off the bottom and hit the lip and kind of suprised myself how fast I got there! I think they would definitely will let you down when you need it in sizey stuff.

I'd like to try the retro quad out again in better conditions.

Water is 20 deg's here!