Nice area Spook. Hope you get Ombak tujuh cranking. I want to spend some time there again. There's a hell of a lot more to Indo than Kuta hey.

Pete, not worried about the waves over east, just wondering if there were some nice places to hang with the family.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fark Bali just gets worse and Worse but all my Indo mate & the people keep drawing me back!

BM, I have surfed those places between Kuta & Canggu that you have mentioned, and funnily enough it was because of wrong turns early mornings on the way to canggu.

We are staying out at Canggu next year for my bro's wedding. A few weeks but out of the rat race and close to the highway for a quick east coast escapade. All I care about is Maskan Padang and Bakso being close... Then I'll be happy!

Spook,

Good waves all around Turtles... Seek and you will find! Looks like a mate Timmy hasnamed a new wave around there.

Hey Mantas Nusa Dua is on the upper end of the $ scale but I love staying in some of those flash hotels sometimes. LOTS of Russians arrive for Xmas and Jan. Big huge guys with the little G string and high heel GF's walking around the pool. smile

Sanur is more chilled and getting the boat over to Lembongan is always good, especially the public one. Just leave your longest board out of your bag and ready to go if worse comes to worse.

speaking of weird food, we went to a gnarly market in north sulawesi the other day. those minahasans will eat anything.

clubbing dogs to death then blow torching the fur off them, rats, bats, snakes...

i was trying to get some shots of the butchers hacking up animals. after blood sprayed all over i just gave up and got outta there

I don't know how Bakso is weird though. It's just meatball soup!

The meat is a mystery! but so are sausages!

That sounds like a pretty hard core experience spook. Have been to so rad markets on our travels, a few which had to be exited very quickly!

I found a place in Timor who were very happy to chop up a pup for some satay!

Puppy satays Mmmmm...Did you get sick Spook (hangovers aside) or is your stomach tuned in to it all now?

Here's a photo of an open air style butchers in Krui market . I'd say it's pretty typical of any meat market in Indonesia or anywhere in the third world for that matter. The funny thing is, most people would be shocked to know that even the poshest restaurant in town would get it's meat from here.

DSCF1025.jpg

Well 2ft on the beachies today on the high tide. Nice fun little junk with some cool young locals. Big swell predicted for Tues - Wed, I fly Tues morn will all the crew heading to Deserts Monday. Not much to do now except finish buying gifts, massages and a long day at the tattoo shop tomorrow. Thinking of getting a big star on my elbow and a huge souuthern cross LOL.

Originally Posted By: Mantas
Puppy satays Mmmmm...Did you get sick Spook (hangovers aside) or is your stomach tuned in to it all now?

Here's a photo of an open air style butchers in Krui market . I'd say it's pretty typical of any meat market in Indonesia or anywhere in the third world for that matter. The funny thing is, most people would be shocked to know that even the poshest restaurant in town would get it's meat from here.
DSCF1025.jpg

lol
love the guy hacking something up in the back on a tarp!! lol
  • 2 weeks later...

just got back fom a few days on the coast south of jakart. surf was small small small, so we were pretty lucky to get waves, but scored some fun lefts at sawarna.

mantas, indo - you guys surfed much down there?

cimaja wasn't breaking, but shiiiit, it's pretty dirty down there. not exactly the most inviting water i've even seen. sawarna, in contrast, was pretty clean.

we also drove around a bunch and there's a few other set-ups, but the super small swell wasn't helping matters

I surfed Cimaja back in 86. It was a nice spot back then but the wave itself wasn't worth the 30 hour overland trip from Bali. Not many other waves in that area were known at that time other than Ombak Tujuh. There was no one in the water though other than a few visitors from Jakarta on the weekend.

I just booked a month in Indo next year. June/July. smile

I fly into Jakarta and have a one week leave pass to go chase waves before I meet the family in Bali. I've been looking at West Java as an option, it's a shame you didn't get swell Spook to give it a good review.

I'd be happy to go back to S. Sumatra for a week. Do you think the Ments would be a good option for one week ex. Jakarta?

• 2 weeks later...

Absolute shocker.

3 attempts at getting out at Merewether today.

Attempt 1- Slipped arse up on the rocks, jumped off, washed straight to the beach.

Attempt 2- Smashed 10 feet across the rocks by a wave back into the baths.

Attempt 3- Jumped out off the pump house, dragged across the rock shelf, leg rope got caught and I was pinned under water for about as long as my breath could hold. Finally released the legrope and got washed all the way across the rock shelf.

Feet slashed to the shithouse....Faaaark

M- Bay today.

Maxing out a bit. A lot of close outs and clean ups. Mantas on the side lines today. angry

61053_1647176662669_1334499099_31803404_

The Law about to get womped.

57897_1647176822673_1334499099_31803405_

Looking down toward Dixon Park

57981_1647176902675_1334499099_31803406_

Not doing it properly

58337_1647176142656_1334499099_31803402_

62553_1647176542666_1334499099_31803403_