• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

god. sometimes i feel so loud in the lineup. plus i have dodgy ears and wear ear plugs with a bit of fishing wire connecting them and it loops round the back of my neck (that way when one rips out it doesn't disappear). once a bloke paddle dup to me and asked me what i was listening to on my mp3! lol.gif

i try and keep a low profile. my gun is plain white with one a small shaper sticker on the nose. i feel better on that one

I wear ear plugs as well, courtesy of an ear infection from a pus-filled rivermouth near batu karas.

But mine dont fall out. I used to use bluetack. That works as good as ear plugs.

I have a bright red board which matches my bright red camry station waggon. roflmfao...

I actually think that you can get waterproof mp3's that you can wear surfing. i saw an ad somewhere in a mag i think..

Originally Posted By: kokodoko
I wear ear plugs as well, courtesy of an ear infection from a pus-filled rivermouth near batu karas.

But mine dont fall out. I used to use bluetack. That works as good as ear plugs.

I have a bright red board which matches my bright red camry station waggon. roflmfao...

I actually think that you can get waterproof mp3's that you can wear surfing. i saw an ad somewhere in a mag i think..

yeah, waterproof mp3s got a bit of a buzz in seppo mags a year ago. not sure if people actually use them there.
you'd get laughed out of the lineup here. personally i like the sound of the ocean and the idle chitchat in the lineup

you use docs proplugs? i lose a pair evey 6 months in a hefty wipeout, mostly getting slammed in barrels. i'm using blue ones at the moment. a couple of times i've lost them then seen them floating around in the impact zone or washed up on the beach

i dont know what brand they are.. i just bought them at the chemist..

they are shaped like an ear. They stay in really good.

But i was talking to a guy out in the water the other day whose plugs kept falling out and he had bluetack.

If yours keep falling out, just use bluetack..

I had no problems equalising my ears at depths to 22 meters when i did my scuba course. I thought i would. A few other people had sore ears. strange..

Here's a few photo s of that dude that got chomp a while back. He's cousin lives around the corner from me at Boat Harbour. That's whose wedding he was here for.

They say it was defanately a small white. I've surfed there 5 times in the last fortnight and there has been sightings on 3 of those days. You can look at this 2 ways.

1) I'm crazy for surfing there ( along with many others)

2) Three sighting and no attack. This means that they are there all the time but choose not to go you. Attacks are random events and you have to be unlucky.

Thoughts?

20122007010.jpg

20122007007.jpg

SharkBiteBoulders.jpg

Photo0076.jpg

ouch!

actually, faaaaaaaaark!

i dunno bout surfing somewhere where there are consistent sightings. that's normally my criteria for not surfing a spot. random sightings is ok, but a consistenly sharky spot would put me off

but i guess i would feel different if it was round the corner from me

that chunk of flesh he lost is gruesome

570_BillabongXXL_200811061310.jpg

maike parsons at cortes bank. they're calling it in the 80ft range...

not longer now til someone cracks 100ft and collects the million dollar bounty from billabong for the XXL challenge

maybe you should move to london - the surf is going to be pumping there

http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,26058,23036968-5014090,00.html

"LONDON hopes to be the surf Mecca of the future with a planned artificial surfing machine offering perfect surf waves 365 days a year... Surfers can expect to pay $66 for an hour's session that will offer at least 10 waves per rider, each rolling more than 100m as the swell spreads from the dock to the wide beach. "

if i was still stuck over there i'd happily pay to get some waves after work

0,,5837242,00.jpg

is that a flowrider?

They have one at the gold coast, and all over the world.

i surfed the one at kuala lumpur with the local malay doods, it was fun.

i will find some urls..

dreamworld..

http://www.dreamworld.com.au/content/general.asp?name=VIDEO_FLOWRIDER_Launch

Sunway lagoon, kuala lumpur :

http://www.sunwaylagoon.com/attract/surfbeach.asp

the london one looks good if it turns out like they claim it will.

we need more wave pools to stop the congestion at the beaches..

or more artificial reefs.. crowding is getting real bad..

one of my mates had a crack at the flowrider in dubai and didn't rate it. the sensation of water rushing up didn't really resemble riding a wave. i'm not sure about the gold coast one though.

ASL recently did a trip to miyazaki ocean dome and got sick waves. proper barrels and everything, but apparently they're shutting down the park

and for more wave pool frivolity, the ron jon one in the states looks interesting. $60 for 15-20 waves. it opens soonish, so no doubt it'll be splattered across various mags

http://www.ronjonsurfpark.com/

maybe someday a kid will lern to surf in a wavepool and then take out the pipe masters, just like in north shore