• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Indo
You keep pretty good riding company!
Bastard rides switch better than I'm riding normally at the mo! Talk about taking the piss!

I still cant get my head around it. He doesn't just ride switch, he rips. Off the top reo's, snaps, round house cut backs. Freak.

Koko.....sshhhhhh!

Well this years Xmas beach party had something for everyone.

Some waves

DSCF0696.jpg

Some drunken adults

DSCF0670.jpg

A Danish backpacker Santa

DSCF0683.jpg

More waves

DSCF0695.jpg

Some fat sunburnt naked middle aged people thumbsup.gif

DSCF0691.jpg

Mantas No. 2 with his best mate.

DSCF0684.jpg

And my hero of the day. This dude has no legs. Yes NO LEGS!

He got a left barrel better than mine. Incredible.

DSCF0694.jpg

nice pics mantas. the surf looks really fun

it's not even toe high here. margs is barely pushing 1 foot at the moment.

it's very exciting

and it looks like there will be no japan snowboarding trip for spook this winter frown.gif. we can't afford to spend 6 months in indo not working and go snowboarding for a few weeks. we'll we can, but it would mean minor financial ruin.

while i know none of you will be feeling very sympathetic towards me, it blows. especially seeing the amount of snow hitting japan at the moment.

we will have expensive satellite phone internet, but that will be just for bookings and business related correspondence etc. kandui resort have internet, but they have 10 western investors pouring money into that place, so it's a different type of operation.

i'm sure i'll be in padang intermitently and will post some pics and trip reports on here. for 2008 i will be doing 2 month visa runs too, and will be sorting various things out in singapore etc. in 2009 will be aiming to get a business visa and stay in indo for longer stints without having to bail

it's a massive task getting this all up and running. i think we will be quite basic on 2008, and in 2009 will be fully operational and dominating! website is being developed and should be ready soon.

rates will intially be about $150US a night for the first few years with a view to $200US once we are a slick operation, which believe it or not is quite cheap compared to other land resorts and boats. not that i'll be seeing a penny of it. i'm just working for tubes at this stage. although if my mate starts rolling in coin and getting gold plated deck grips, i might have to ask for a cut!

the best bit is he reckons 50% of his surfs have been by himself - even during peak season. and out of the main surf seaosn there's pumping waves but no one up there

when we get the website up and running i'll send it to you all by PM

This is starting to freak me out. This is exactly the spot I surfed on Friday. Where the above photos were taken.

A 31-year-old has been airlifted to hospital after a shark bit him on the buttock while he was surfing at Port Stephens in the New South Wales Hunter region.

The Ambulance Service says the man was surfing at Jimmy's Beach, near Tea Gardens, when he was attacked.

A local fisherman spotted the man and drove him to Tea Gardens Ambulance Station about 11:00am (AEDT).

The surfer was treated at the station for a serious bite wound and flown by helicopter to John Hunter Hospital, in Newcastle, to undergo emergency surgery.

Paramedic Paul Alexander says the man lost a lot of blood and is in a serious condition.

"He's been bitten on the buttock region and he has quite severe lacerations to that area," he said.

"Haemorrhage from there has been quite serious [but] he's been stabilised by ambulance paramedics."

Mr Alexander says although he suffered serious injuries the situation could have been much worse.

"It's extremely lucky ... had any major arteries been involved the situation may have been certainly very, very different," he said.

To top it off, a large shark was spotted shortly after I left the beach on Saturday at another break I surf regularly.

What do you do????

not good. i'm not convinced there's much you can do.

i've been hearing anecdotal evidence that maybe it's time great whites get taken off the endangered species list. there seems to be an increasing amount of attacks.

i normally subscribe to the "you're in their turf so accept the consequences" theory, but if a dog attacks a person we put them down. if a shark attacks a person we wish them well.

we need to find a balance between the vic hislop shark hunter mentality, and the let em do what they want

kill the bastard sharks!

I'm not sold on the 'your in their turf' logic. Who says it's their turf? We are the dominant species on this planet. We get to say what other animals live or die. I respect sharks, they are awesome creatures, but I respect my own arse a lot more.

i guess maybe if we kill too many, then the whole ocean ecosystem gets thrown out of whack.

but if they are a protected species and their population has increased, maybe we kill those that attack us